School of Jesus Disciples … Eph 4:2-3

2010.06.30 09:19

섬김이 Views:14579

School of Jesus Disciples    …             Eph 4:2-3

743 S. Grandview St. L.A. CA 90057                             Tel. (213)484-2795  Pastor P.K.

Every Sunday 4:00 pm         JD-class       Email: peterkim123@sbcglobal.net

“그러나 너는 모든 일에 근신하여 고난을 받으며 전도인의 일을 하며 네 직무를 다하라”

But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.                                                                             II Tim 4:5

Andew Murray (Part I)

Devotional to JDs,

Turning point from self to Christ
Andrew Murray
Andrew Murray (9 May 1828-18 January 1917) was a South African writer, educationist and Christian pastor.

육신에 있는 자들은 하나님을 기쁘시게 할 수 없느니라 만일 너희 속에 하나님의 영이 거하시면 너희가 육신에 있지 아니하고 영에 있나니 누구든지 그리스도의 영이 없으면 그리스도의 사람이 아니라

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be

that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.                                                                               Rom 8:8-9

Andrew Murray's Encounter With the Spirit

- excerpted & rendered  from

“Absolute Surrender”

Chapter 4 - PETER'S REPENTANCE
"And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And Peter went out, and wept bitterly"  (LUKE 22:61, 62).

That was the turning-point in the history of Peter. Christ had said to him: "Thou canst not follow me now." Peter was not in a fit state to follow Christ, because he had not been brought to an end of himself; he did not know himself, and he therefore could not follow Christ. But when he went out and wept bitterly, then came the great change.

Christ previously said to him: "When thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren." Here is the point where Peter was converted from self to Christ.
I thank God for the story of Peter. I do not know a man in the Bible who gives us greater comfort. When we look at his character, so full of failures, and at what Christ made him by the power of the Holy Ghost, there is hope for every one of us.

But remember, before Christ could fill Peter with the Holy Spirit and make a new man of him, he had to go out and weep bitterly; he had to be humbled. If we want to understand this, I think there are four points that we must look at. First, let us look at Peter the devoted disciple of Jesus; next, at Peter as he lived the life of self; then at Peter in his repentance; and last, at what Christ made of Peter by the Holy Spirit.

Peter the devoted Disciple of Christ
Christ called Peter to forsake his nets, and follow Him. Peter did it at once, and he afterward could say rightly to the Lord: "We have forsaken all and followed thee."  Peter was a man of absolute surrender and ready obedience. You remember Christ said to him, "Launch out into the deep, and let down the net." Peter the fisherman knew there were no fish there, for they had been toiling all night and had caught nothing; but he said: "At thy word I will let down the net." He submitted to the word of Jesus. Further, he was a man of great faith. When he saw Christ walking on the sea, he said: "Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee"; and at the voice of Christ he stepped out of the boat and walked upon the water.

And Peter was a man of spiritual insight. When Christ asked the disciples: "Whom do ye say that I am?" Peter was able to answer: "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." And Christ said: `.Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona; for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven." And Christ spoke of him as the rock man, and of his having the keys of the kingdom. Peter was a splendid man, a devoted disciple of Jesus, and if he were living nowadays, everyone would say that he was an advanced Christian. And yet how much there was wanting in Peter!

Peter Living the Life of Self
You recollect that just after Christ had said to him: "Flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven," Christ began to speak about His sufferings, and Peter dared to say: "Be it far from thee, Lord; this shall not be unto thee." Then Christ had to say: "Get thee behind me, Satan; for thou savorest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men."

There was Peter in his self-will, trusting his own wisdom, and actually forbidding Christ to go and die. Whence did that come? Peter trusted in himself and his own thoughts about divine things. We see later on, more than once, that among the disciples there was a questioning who should be the greatest, and Peter was one of them, and he thought he had a right to the very first place. He sought his own honor even above the others. It was the life of self strong in Peter. He had left his boats and his nets, but not his old self.

When Christ had spoken to him about His sufferings, and said: "Get thee behind me, Satan," He followed it up by saying: "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." No man can follow Him unless he do that. Self must be utterly denied. What does that mean? When Peter denied Christ, we read that he said three times: "I do not know the man" ; in other words: "I have nothing to do with Him; He and I are no friends; I deny having any connection with Him." Christ told Peter that he must deny self. Self must be ignored, and its every claim rejected. That is the root of true discipleship; but Peter did not understand it, and could not obey it. And what happened? When the last night came, Christ said to him: "Before the cock crow twice thou shalt deny me thrice."

But with what self-confidence Peter said: "Though all should forsake thee, yet will not I. I am ready to go with thee, to prison and to death."  Peter meant it honestly, and Peter really intended to do it; but Peter did not know himself. He did not believe he was as bad as Jesus said he was. We perhaps think of individual sins that come between us and God, but what are we to do with that self-life which is all unclean, our very nature? What are we to do with that flesh that is entirely under the power of sin? Deliverance from that is what we need. Peter knew it not, and therefore it was that in his self-confidence he went forth and denied his Lord.

Notice how Christ uses. that word deny twice. He said to Peter the first time, "Deny self"; He said to Peter the second time, "Thou wilt deny me." It is either of the two. There is no choice for us; we must either deny self or deny Christ. There are two great powers fighting each other -- the self-nature in the power of sin, and Christ in the power of God. Either of these must rule within us.
It was self that made the Devil. He was an angel of God, but he wanted to exalt self. He became a Devil in Hall. Self was the cause of the fall of man. Eve wanted something for herself, and so our first parents fell into all the wretchedness of sin. We their children have inherited an awful nature of sin.

Peter's Repentance
Peter denied his Lord thrice, and then the Lord looked upon him; and that look of Jesus broke the heart of Peter, and all at once there opened up before him the terrible sin that he had committed, the terrible failure that had come, and the depth into which he had fallen, and "Peter went out and wept bitterly."
Oh! who can tell what that repentance must have been? During the following hours of that night, and the next day, when he saw Christ crucified and buried, and the next day, the Sabbath -- oh, in what hopeless despair and shame he must have spent that day!

"My Lord is gone, my hope is gone, and I denied my Lord. After that life of love, after that blessed fellowship of three years, I denied my Lord. God have mercy upon me!"

I do not think we can realize into what a depth of humiliation Peter sank then. But that was the turningpoint and the change; and on the first day of the week Christ was seen of Peter, and in the evening He met him with the others. Later on at the Lake of Galilee He asked him: "Lovest thou me?" until Peter was made sad by the thought that the Lord reminded him of having denied Him thrice; and said in sorrow, but in uprightness: "Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee."

Peter Transformed
Now Peter was prepared for deliverance from self, and that is my last thought. You know Christ took him with others to the footstool of the throne, and bade them wait there; and then on the day of Pentecost the Holy Spirit came, and Peter was a changed man. I do not want you to think only of the change in Peter, in that boldness, and that power, and that insight into the Scriptures, and that blessing with which he preached that day. Thank God for that. But there was something for Peter deeper and better. Peter's whole nature was changed. The work that Christ began in Peter when He looked upon him, was perfected when he was filled with the Holy Ghost.

If you want to see that, read the First Epistle of Peter. You know wherein Peter's failings lay. When he said to Christ, in effect: "Thou never canst suffer; it cannot be" -- it showed he had not a conception of what it was to pass through death into life. Christ said: "Deny thyself," and in spite of that he denied his Lord. When Christ warned him: "Thou shalt deny me," and he insisted that he never would, Peter showed how little he understood what there was in himself. But when I read his epistle and hear him say: "If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye, for the Spirit of God and of glory resteth upon you," then I say that it is not the old Peter, but that is.
I read again how he says: "Hereunto ye are called, to suffer, even as Christ suffered." I understand what a change had come over Peter. Instead of denying Christ, he found joy and pleasure in having self denied and crucified and given up to the death. And therefore it is in the Acts we read that, when he was called before the Council, he could boldly say: "We must obey God rather than men," and that he could return with the other disciples and rejoice that they were counted worthy to suffer for Christ's name.

You remember his self-exaltation; but now he has found out that "the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit is in the sight of God of great price." Again he tells us to be "subject one to another, and be clothed with humility."  Dear friend, I beseech you, look at Peter utterly changed -- the self-pleasing, the self-trusting, the self-seeking Peter, full of sin, continually getting into trouble, foolish and impetuous, but now filled with the Spirit and the life of Jesus. Christ had done it for him by the Holy Ghost.

And now, what is my object in having thus very briefly pointed to the story of Peter? That story must be the history of every believer who is really to be made a blessing by God. That story is a prophecy of what everyone can receive from God in Heaven. Now let us just glance hurriedly at what these lessons teach us.

The first lesson is this -- You may be a very earnest, godly, devoted believer, in whom the power of the flesh is yet very strong. That is a very solemn truth. Peter, before he denied Christ, had cast out devils and had healed the sick; and yet the flesh had power, and the flesh had room in him. Oh, beloved, we want to realize that it is just because there is so much of that self-life in us that the power of God cannot work in us as mightily as God is willing that it should work. Do you realize that the great God is longing to double His blessing, to give tenfold blessing through us?

But there is something hindering Him, and that something is a proof of nothing but the self-life. We talk about the pride of Peter, and the impetuosity of Peter, and the self-confidence of Peter. It all rooted in that one word, self. Christ had said, "Deny self," and Peter had never understood, and never obeyed; and every failing came out of that.

What a solemn thought, and what an urgent plea for us to cry: O God, do discover this to us, that none of us may be living the self-life! It has happened to many a one who had been a Christian for years, who had perhaps occupied a prominent position, that God found him out and taught him to find himself out, and he became utterly ashamed, falling down broken before God. Oh, the bitter shame and sorrow and pain and agony that came to him, until at last he found that there was deliverance! Peter went out and wept bitterly, and there may be many a godly one in whom the power of the flesh still rules.

And then my second lesson is -- It is the work of our blessed Lord Jesus to discover the power of self.  How was it that Peter, the carnal Peter, self-willed Peter, Peter with the strong self-love, ever became a man of Pentecost and the writer of his epistle? It was because Christ had him in charge, and Christ watched over him, and Christ taught and blessed him. The warnings that Christ had given him were part of the training; and last of all there came that look of love. In His suffering Christ did not forget him, but turned round and looked upon him, and "Peter went out and wept bitterly." And the Christ who led Peter to Pentecost is waiting today to take charge of every heart that is willing to surrender itself to Him.

Are there not some saying: "Ah! that is the mischief with me; it is always the self-life, and self-comfort, and self-consciousness, and self-pleasing, and self-will; how am I to get rid of it?"

My answer is: It is Christ Jesus who can rid you of it; none else but Christ Jesus can give deliverance from the power of self. And what does He ask you to do? He asks that you should humble yourself before Him.

- from “Absolute Surrender” by Andew Murray

이와 같이 너희도 너희 자신을 죄에 대하여는 죽은 자요

그리스도 예수 안에서 하나님을 대하여는 산 자로 여길지어다

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed

unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.        

Rom 6:11

젊은 자들아 이와 같이 장로들에게

순복하고 다 서로 겸손으로 허리를 동이라 하나님이

교만한 자를 대적하시되 겸손한 자들에게는 은혜를 주시느니라

Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the

elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and

be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud,

and giveth grace to the humble.                   I Pet 5:5

When the Spirit Came-by Andrew Murray

Andrew Murray's ministry had a profound impact. His book, The Spirit of Christ, was instrumental in deepening the spiritual life. Watchman Nee testifies, "Mr. Andrew Murray was a very deep person in the Lord. I purposely studied the notes of his sermons" (137). Nee desired to see The Spirit of Christ translated into Chinese. "Andrew Murray was one of the top among the inner life people," says Witness Lee (Perfecting Training, 204), who also testifies that through Murray 's book his eyes were opened (Spirit and the Body, 27). Moreover, Lee says, "No one can deny that while Andrew Murray was working in South Africa ,...he was very prevailing. One of his most prevailing books is The Spirit of Christ. I would like to encourage you to read that book" (Lord's Up-to-date Move, 97).

Andrew Murray's ministry emphasized the Spirit, yet his first response to the Spirit's work in South Africa may surprise you. When the Holy Spirit brought revival, Murray opposed and even tried to quench the Spirit's work. Perhaps we can learn from his experience.

Andrew Murray (1828-1917) followed his father, Andrew Sr., in the Lord's service. The senior Murray prayed for 30 years that the Spirit would bring revival to South Africa . Yet, in his old age, the spiritual condition of God's people was stagnant. Evangelists were scarce. Congregations cried out for pastors. Few offered themselves for the Lord's service. Delegations were sent to Europe to recruit personnel. In the midst of this general malaise, the younger Murray stood as a beacon of hope.

At age 32, Andrew Murray Jr. had earned a reputation as a young minister with exceptional abilities, intensity, and earnestness. His stirring messages often berated the deadness of the church. In 1860, the Lord brought Murray into a new stage when he moved to Worcester ( S. Africa ) to begin a new sphere of service. His first message coincided with a conference of ministers from congregations throughout South Africa . Before hundreds of delegates, Andrew Murray preached a powerful message on 2 Corinthians 3:8. His subject was, "How shall not the ministry of the Spirit be more glorious?"

없어질 것도 영광으로 말미암았은즉 길이

있을 것은 더욱 영광 가운데 있느니라

For if that which is done away was glorious, much

more that which remaineth is glorious.                    II Cor 3:11

Revival Begins With Young People

Soon after the conference, 60 young people gathered at the meeting hall. They sang several hymns and offered prayers. Then a 15-year-old black servant-girl stood up in the back row. She asked the predominantly white group if she could pray. The youth leader hesitated at this breach of social norms, then gave his assent. The young black sister read a hymn stanza and then began to pray a heartfelt prayer. The youth leader recalled, "While she was praying, we heard, as it were, a sound in the distance, which came nearer and nearer, until the hall was shaken; with one or two exceptions, the whole meeting began to pray, the majority in audible voice, but some in whispers. Nevertheless, the noise...was deafening" (Choy, 84). The Spirit's outpouring was manifested in fervent, spontaneous, and simultaneous prayer.

While the young people knelt in earnest prayer, one of the church elders passed by. Hearing the noise, he ran to fetch the new pastor. When Andrew Murray entered wearing his clerical robes, he found the room alive with spontaneous prayer. The young minister was clearly agitated. He paced the room, calling loudly, "People, silence!" But the prayer did not stop. Murray shouted again, "People, I am your minister, sent from God! Silence!" It was as if no one heard him. Everyone continued praying and calling on God. Murray directed the leader to call a hymn. No one sang the song. The young people, traditionally obedient and respectful, could not be silenced. Prayer continued unabated. Andrew Murray then proclaimed, "God is a God of order, and here everything is confusion!" With that, he left the room.

These events are ironic, for Murray 's father had prayed for years for revival. The younger Murray had echoed that prayer. His sermons bemoaned the deadness of the church. He preached about the Spirit. Yet, when the Spirit brought revival, Andrew Murray did not recognize it. He even sought to quench the Spirit's move. Was it because the Spirit's manifestation did not match his theological concepts? Or, as one writer suggests, "Could it be that his ego was hurt because the moving of the Spirit had not happened as a result of his own preaching?" Was he offended "that he had not been present...to guide it" (Choy, 86)?

Despite Andrew Murray's intervention, the revival continued. Spontaneous prayer gatherings occurred nightly. Simultaneous intercession replaced refined traditional prayer. Fervent prayer gatherings continued into the early hours of the morning. As the people dispersed, they sang joyfully in the streets. Larger facilities were needed to accommodate interested people.

Help Arrives

Soon after, Andrew Murray led a Saturday evening meeting. He read from Scripture, spoke a few words, and offered a prayer. He then opened the meeting for others to pray. An observer records, "During the prayer which followed his, we heard again the same sound in the distance. It drew nearer and nearer and in a sudden the whole gathering was praying....Mr. Murray descended from the platform and again moved up and down among the people, trying to quiet them" (Choy, 87). The pastor again sought to restore order. Andrew Murray was not yet ready to accept this phenomenon as the Spirit's work. However, at this juncture, the Lord intervened to assist Murray through this crisis. That evening a stranger had been standing at the door, observing the meeting. As Andrew Murray sought to use his authority to silence the prayer, the stranger tiptoed forward, touched the clergyman gently, and said, "I think you are the minister of this congregation. Be careful what you do, for it is the Spirit of God that is at work here. I have just come from America , and this is precisely what I witnessed there" (Choy, 87). That was the word Murray needed. At last he recognized that the Spirit was in control. There was no need of human restraint. From that time, Andrew Murray joined the revival whole-heartedly and was greatly used. People were saved. The lives of many were permanently transformed. Christians committed their lives to the Lord.

From Murray 's own congregation in Worcester , "Fifty young men offered themselves for the ministry of the Word, when previously it was almost impossible to find men for the work" (Choy, 81). That event was a watershed in Andrew Murray's ministry. He learned that the Spirit as "the wind blows where it wills" (John 3:8). We cannot dictate the Spirit's move. Rather, in cooperation we must yield to the Spirit. We cannot engineer revival, nor can we manipulate the Spirit. The manifestation of the Spirit cannot be dictated by us. The lessons Andrew Murray learned from this experience permeate all of his subsequent teachings and writings in books such as The Spirit of Christ and The Full Blessing of Pentecost.

Murray's experience warns us not to be dogmatic concerning what is of the Spirit and what is not of the Spirit. We too have our concepts about how the Spirit is manifested. As believers, we also have our "norms" of Christian practice and worship. New forms of expression can make us uncomfortable. We may quickly condemn an unfamiliar practice as the flesh and not the Spirit. In our rush to judgment, we risk repeating Andrew Murray's experience in his encounter with the Spirit. Let us heed the warning, "Do not quench the Spirit" (1 Thess. 5:19).

from -Nigel Tomes

Bibliography

Choy, Leona. Andrew Murray: Apostle of Abiding Love. Fort Washington , PA : Christian Literature Crusade, 1978.

Douglas, W.M. Andrew Murray and His Message: One of God's Choice Saints. Belfast : Ambassador Publications, 1998 (first published 1926).

Lee, Witness. Fellowship Regarding the Lord's Up-to-Date Move. Anaheim : Living Stream Ministry, 1986.

______. Perfecting Training. Anaheim : Living Stream Ministry, 1983. ______. The Spirit and the Body. Anaheim : Living Stream Ministry, 1976.

Murray, Andrew. The Full Blessing of Pentecost. Fort Washington , PA : Christian Literature Crusade, 1994 reprint.

______. The Spirit of Christ. Minneapolis : Bethany House, 1979.

Nee, Watchman. The Collected Works of Watchman Nee, set 1, vol. 8. Anaheim : Living Stream Ministry, 1993.

- fromThe Church in Cleveland

I SURRENDER ALL
All to Jesus, I surrender;
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.

Refrain

I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessèd Savior,
I surrender all.

2. All to Jesus I surrender;
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.

Refrain

3. All to Jesus, I surrender;
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel the Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.

Refrain

4. All to Jesus, I surrender;
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power;
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

Refrain

5. All to Jesus I surrender;
Now I feel the sacred flame.
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory, to His Name!

Refrain

I SURRENDER ALL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Words: Judson W. Van De­Vent­er, 1896:
Music: Winfield S. Weed­en, 1896

SALVADOR, A TI ME RINDO

Salvador, a ti me rindo,
Obedezco sólo a ti.
Mi guiador, mi fortaleza,
Todo encuentro, oh Cristo, en ti.
Coro

Yo me rindo a ti, yo me rindo a ti;
Mi flaqueza, mis pecados, todo rindo a ti.

Te confiesa su delito
Mi contrito corazón.
Oye, Cristo, mi plegaria;
Quiero en ti tener perdón.
Coro

A tus pies, Señor, entrego
Bienes, goces y placer.
Que tu Espíritu me llene,
Y de ti sienta el poder.
Coro

¡Oh, qué gozo encuentro en Cristo!
¡Cuánta paz a mi alma da!
A su causa me consagro,
Y su amor mi amor será.
Coro

The Word - [잠 4:20-잠 4:23]

(20)내 아들아 내 말에 주의하며 나의 이르는 것에 네 귀를 기울이라 (21)그것을 네 눈에서 떠나게 말며 네 마음 속에 지키라  

(20)My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.

(21)Do not let them depart from your sight; Keep them in the midst of your heart.

(22)그것은 얻는 자에게 생명이 되며 그 온 육체의 건강이 됨이니라  (23)무릇 지킬만한 것보다 더욱 네 마음을 지키라 생명의 근원이 이에서 남이니라

(22)For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (23)Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life.                                      Prob 4:20-23

FORWARDS –The Power of Vitamin “C” for Life & Health - by Dr. W J Lee.  

「비타민C 박사의 생명 이야기」

비타민C에 관한 著書(저서)를 多數(다수) 발간했다.

이왕재(李旺載) 박사

現 서울大 의대 교수.

목숨을   목숨을 살리는 비타민C.. c 에 대하여!!

길지만 꼭 한번 읽으시길 권합니다.

우리나이에 건강보다 더 중요한것이 있을까요?
남대문이나 종로 5가쪽 약국에서

300정 짜리를 12,000원에 구입할수있읍니다
동네약국에서는 15,000~20.000원합디다.
돈이 별로 들지 않으니 효과도 없겠지 지래 짐작마시고
꾸준히 복용하시는것이 필요합니다.

목숨을 살리는 비타민C..

목숨을 살리는 비타민C.. 하루여섯알은 먹자

이왕재(李旺載)

1955년 경기 평택 출생.

경기高·서울大 의학과 졸업. 同 대학원 의학 석·박사.

美 시카고大 의대 교환교수,

대한의사협회지 편집위원 등 역임.

現 서울大 의대 교수.

인명사전 마르퀴즈 후즈 후 등재(2004),

영국 국제인명센터( IBC ) 세계 100대 의학자 선정(2005).  

저서 「비타민-C가 보이면 건강이 보인다」,

「비타민 C 박사의 생명이야기」 등.  
       「비타민C 전도사」인 해부학과 교수

서울 종로구 연건동 서울大 의과대학 기초연구동 213호에 있는

李旺載(이왕재·52) 교수의 연구실 한쪽에는 비타민C 박스가

어린 아이 키만큼 쌓여 있었다.

그는 나의 시선이 비타민 박스로 향하자

『인터뷰 마치고 갈 때 드릴 테니, 나를 보세요』라고 농을 던졌다.

李旺載 교수의 전공은 해부학이다.

얼마 전 아프가니스탄에서 납치돼 피살된

배형규 목사와 심성민씨의 부검에 참여했다.

원래 병원에서 임상을 담당했는데,

사람들과 부대끼는 것이 싫어서 해부학과로 왔다고 한다.

자신의 전공과 달리,

그는 한국에서 「비타민C 전도사」로 알려져 있다.

「비타민C가 보이면 건강이 보인다」,

「비타민C 박사의 생명 이야기」 등

비타민C에 관한 著書(저서)를 多數(다수) 발간했다.

비타민C 연구에 대한 노력을 인정받아,

영국 국제인명센터 세계 100大 의학자(2005년)에 선정됐다.

국내에서 李旺載 교수가

비타민C 전도사로 이름을 알리기 시작한 것은 2000년.

그는 모 방송국 아침 프로그램에서 비타민C로

당뇨병과 동맥경화를 완치한 자신의 부친과 장인·장모 이야기를 했다.

방송이 나가고 나서, 전국의 약국에 사람들이 몰렸다.

비타민C를 사기 위해서였다.

서울 종로4~5가 약국들은 비타민C를 사기 위한 사람들로

한 달 내내 홍역을 치러야 했다.

李교수 역시 갑작스러운 비타민C 열풍에 당황스러웠다고 한다.

『서울대병원 등 종합병원에서 저에게 엄청난 항의를 했어요.

동맥경화·당뇨병 환자들이 병원에 와서는

다짜고짜로 「다 필요 없고, 비타민C를 내놓으라」고 했다는 겁니다. 의사들이 아무리 「그래서는 안 된다」고 해도 소용이 없더래요.

친구, 선·후배들이 전화해서

「의사가 방송에 나가서 말도 안 되는 소리 했다」고

비난을 하더군요.

저는 치료를 받으면서 비타민C를 먹으라는 얘기였는데… 참 내』

그는 당시 그렇게 비난은 받았지만, 싫지 않은 기색이었다.

비타민C 효능에 자신이 있었기 때문이다.

『의사들이「비타민C가 병치료에 도움이 된다는

정확한 데이터를 내놓으라」고 다그치더군요.

하지만 당시에 임상 실험을 어떻게 합니까.

저희 부친과 장인 어른 같은 사례가 데이터죠』

李旺載 교수의 부친은 1988년 심한 당뇨를 앓아 발가락을 절단했다. 서울대 병원에서는

『당뇨성 동맥경화로 3개월 이상 살지 못한다』고 했다.

李교수는 부친에게 비타민C를 1만mg씩 복용하도록 했다.

물론 서울대병원의 당뇨 치료와 竝行(병행)했다.

비타민C로 살아난 부친과 장인

『병행 치료를 한 지 3개월이 지나자

당뇨로 인한 피부 괴사가 없어지고, 동맥경화 증세가 완화되더군요.

6개월 후에는 당뇨병이 거의 완치됐습니다.

서울대병원에서 3개월밖에 못 산다고 했는데,

저희 아버님은 11년을 더 사시고 1999년 82세로 돌아가셨습니다』

李旺載 교수의 장인은 자신의 부친보다 더욱 심각한 상태였다.

그의 장인은 마른 체질이었는데,

혈압이 높았다. 혈압이 높은 상태로 오랜 시간 지속되면,

혈관이 약해지면서 동맥경화가 오게 된다.

『동맥경화가 뇌에 오면 뇌졸중,

심장에 오면 심근경색으로 생명이 위험해집니다.

저의 장인은 눈에 와서 한쪽 눈이 거의 실명이 됐어요.

또 肝(간)경변으로 복수가 차서 서울대병원에 실려오기까지 했습니다.

서울대병원 의사들은 길어야 5년 이상 살지 못한다고 진단했습니다. 약물치료, 식이요법 등과 함께 비타민C를 꾸준히 드시게 했어요.

3년 지나자, 시력이 회복되시더군요.

현재는 완벽하게 회복했습니다.

20년이 지난 얼마 전에 저희 병원에서 肝 MRI 촬영을 해보니,

肝도 문제가 없어요.

장모는 고혈압으로 쓰러져 왼쪽 다리를 못 쓰게 됐었지만

지금은 완벽하게 회복됐습니다』

그는 부친과 장인·장모 얘기를 하면서

『꼭 교회에서 간증하는 것 같죠』라며 크게 웃었다.

『장인·장모 MRI 를 찍은 저희 동료 의사가

「어떻게 이렇게 감쪽같이 치료가 됐죠」 하기에,

비타민C 얘기를 했습니다.

다음에 그 친구 방에 갔더니 비타민C를 산더미처럼 쌓아 놨더군요.

그래서 제가

「역시 서울대병원 의사라서 머리가 좋구먼」하고 웃었어요』

드라마틱하게 변한 몸 상태

李旺載 교수는 어떤 계기로 비타민C의 효능을 알게 됐을까.

『1986년 경남도청 방역과에서 군의관 생활을 했습니다.

당시 진주에 경상大 의대가 신설됐어요.

교수와 의사가 부족했던 터라 경상大에서 교수를 하게 됐습니다.

경남도청에서 지역 의대를 키우기 위해 의사들을 차출한 것이죠.

이곳에서 저의 비타민C 스승을 만났습니다』

그의 대학(서울大 의대) 선배인 이광호 경상大 의대 교수가

그의 비타민C 스승이었다.

이광호 교수는 이미 비타민C의 효험을 알고,

獨學(독학)으로 비타민C를 공부해 왔다.

그는 주위 사람들에게 비타민C의 효험을 알리며,

복용을 권하고 다녔다.

이광호교수의 전도에 가장 확실하게 걸려든 사람이 李旺載 교수였다.

『지금은 대전-진주 간 고속도로가 있지만,

당시는 대전에서 진주까지 5시간이 걸렸어요.

당시 주말부부로 매주 서울과 진주를 오가는 생활을 하다 보니,

몸이 피곤해서 「약 먹은 병아리」 같았어요.

이광호 선배가 항상 피곤에 절어 있는 저를 보더니

「야, 너 비타민C 먹어라」 하더군요.

비타민C가 몸에 좋다는 것은 알았어요.

「그래 안 먹는 것보다 좋겠지」 하면서 먹기 시작했어요』

그는 이광호 교수가 먹으라는 대로 먹었다.

하루 비타민정 10알(1만mg).

뭐든지 한 번 시작하면 꾸준하게 하는 성격이라,

6개월 동안 식사와 간식 때 꼬박꼬박 챙겨 먹었다.

『6개월 후에 제 몸이 어떻게 됐는지 아세요.

저는 「드라마틱」하게 변했다는 말을 씁니다.

정말 드라마틱하게 변하더군요.

원래 비쩍 마르고 약한 체질이었는데, 피곤하지 않더군요.

고속버스를 7~8시간 타고 다녀도, 버스 안에서 잠이 안 와요.

하루에 12시간을 환자 진료하고,

밤에 공부해도 다음날에 몸이 찌뿌둥하지 않게 됐어요.

그때 「아, 비타민C가 대단한 거구나」 생각했죠』

비타민C의 진가를 확인한 그는

이광호 교수와 함께 비타민C에 대해 공부하기 시작했다.

외국 논문과 각종 임상 결과를 뒤졌다.

주위에 비타민C 복용을 권유하는 것을 게을리 하지 않았다.

그는 『건강하게 해준다고 꼬셨지만,

사실 주위 분들이 전부 내 임상실험 대상들이었다』며 웃었다.

혈관 보호에 탁월한 비타민C

비타민C 섭취 부족으로 사람이 사망한다는 것을

처음 발견한 영국 군의관「제임스 린드」.

―비타민C와 다른 비타민은 어떻게 다릅니까.-

『비타민B가 부족하면 각기병에 걸리고,

비타민C가 부족하면 괴혈병에 걸립니다.

흥미로운 건 비타민B가 부족해서 사람이 죽지는 않습니다.

비타민B가 부족해서 각기병으로 죽기 전에, 굶어 죽거든요.

비타민B 등 나머지 비타민은 제대로 음식만 먹으면,

죽는 지경까지 가지 않아요.

음식에서 섭취하는 것으로 충분합니다.

하지만 비타민C가 부족하면 죽습니다.

역사적으로 볼 때, 18세기 영국 해군 역사책을 보면

흥미로운 얘기가 나옵니다.

영국 해군이 아프리카를 항해하던 중,

젊은 병사들이 항해를 시작한 지 수 개월 만에 죽어 나갔어요.

분명 식사는 제대로 하는데 죽는 겁니다.

제임스 린드라는 군의관이 아프리카 인근의 섬에서

원주민들이 죽어 가는 병사들에게 레몬즙을 먹게 하는 것을 봤어요. 그랬더니 1주일 만에 틀림없이 죽어야 할 병사들이 살아나거든요.

이걸 보고 린드는 병사들이 죽어 간 이유가

「싱싱한 과일이나 채소를 먹지 못해서」라는 것을 알았어요.

나중에 비타민C가 부족해서 죽는다는 것이 학문적으로 밝혀졌죠』

제임스 린드가 비타민C의 역할을 발견한 지 약 250년이 지난 현재,

국제 해운법은

「출항하는 배 안에 레몬 상자를 반드시 실어야 한다」는

조항을 담고 있다.

이 교수는 『비타민B는 단지 비타민이지만,

비타민C는 생명유지의 필수요소』라고 했다.

― 다른 동물들도 비타민C를 반드시 먹어야 합니까.-

『포유류 가운데 사람을 포함해서 영장류, 기니피그라는

쥐만 스스로 비타민C를 만들지 못합니다.

하지만 원래 사람은 비타민C를 만들었어요.

그런데 어느 순간에 유전자 돌연변이가 일어난 겁니다.

최근 유전자 연구 결과, 인간은

다른 동물처럼 肝에서 비타민C를 만들었어요.

우리가 먹는 쌀·빵·국수 등 탄수화물은 肝에서 포도당으로 변합니다. 비타민C는 포도당이 원료예요.

약국에서 파는 비타민C 알약도 포도당으로 만듭니다.

어떤 이유에서인지

영장류는 肝에서 비타민C를 만드는 유전자 하나가 망가졌어요.

그래서 사람은 외부에서 비타민C를 반드시 섭취해야 합니다』

―비타민C를 충분히 섭취하지 못하면 왜 죽게 됩니까.-

『멸균 쥐의 유전자를 조작해서 비타민C 생성을 못 하게 한 후에,

비타민C가 부족한 먹이를 줬습니다.

쥐들은 보통 5일이 지나면 죽기 시작해서,

일주일 후에는 다 죽었습니다.

죽은 쥐를 해부하면, 콜레스테롤 수치가

300mg/dl 이상으로 올라가 있는 것을 볼 수 있어요.

해로운 콜레스테롤인 LDL , VLDL 등의 수치가 특히 올라가 있어요.

게다가 혈관이 아주 망가져 있죠.

비타민C가 어떤 역할을 하는지 알 수 있겠죠.

비타민C는 혈관을 지켜 줍니다』

李旺載 교수의 부친과 장인·장모가

동맥경화에서 벗어나 건강을 되찾은 비결은 여기에 있었다.

李교수는 다른 사례 하나를 들려줬다.

『얼마 전, 브라질에서 자매 패션모델이

다이어트를 심하게 하던 중에 사망했습니다.

세계를 충격에 빠뜨린 사건이었죠.

이들이 왜 죽었을까요? 다이어트를 하면 허기가 지겠죠?

허기가 지니까, 칼로리 위주로 소량의 식사를 했겠죠.

그래서 죽은 겁니다. 이들이 칼로리 위주의 식사 대신,

채소와 과일 위주로 식사를 했으면 죽지 않았을 겁니다.

18세기 영국 해군들이

식사를 했는데도 죽은 이유와 같은 이치입니다』

2003년 미국에서 발표한 논문에 따르면,

비타민C가 부족해지면

몸속 副腎(부신)에서 아드레날린이 분비되지 않는다.

아드레날린이 나오지 않으면, 혈압이 떨어진다.

혈압이 60mmhg 이하로 떨어지면, 피가 뇌까지 닿지 않는다.

저혈압으로 정신을 잃는 것은 이 때문이다.

혈압이 50mmhg 이하로 떨어지면 사망하게 된다.

돌연사의 절반은 비타민C 부족이 원인

『패션모델 자매는 이런 과정을 거쳐서 사망한 겁니다.

비타민C가 안 나오면 아드레날린이 안 나오고, 식욕이 떨어집니다.

본능적으로 살겠다고

소량의 빵과 유제품 등으로 칼로리 식사를 하게 되죠.

칼로리는 분명히 채웠으니까, 「별 문제 없겠다」고 안심하지만,

죽음으로 가는 직행버스를 탄 것은 몰랐죠.

많이 들어 본 얘기지만,

에스키모인들이 야채와 채소를 전혀 먹지 않지만

죽지 않는 이유가 생고기를 먹기 때문이라고 하죠?

그냥 생고기가 아니에요.

에스키모인들은 동물을 잡으면 옛날부터 콩팥부터 먹습니다.

콩팥 위에 「부신」이 있어요.

동물의 「부신」에는 비타민C가 농축돼 있습니다.

한마디로 에스키모인들은

비타민 「엑기스」를 꾸준하게 먹어 온 것이나 마찬가지입니다』

―교수님의 저서에는

「비타민C가 스트레스를 이기는 데 도움이 된다」고 적혀 있더군요.-

『비타민C는 스트레스 해소에 가장 도움이 되는 물질입니다.

멸균 실험쥐에게 여러 가지 방법으로 스트레스를 주면,

몸속에서 만드는 비타민C의 양이 늘어 납니다.

체중 1kg당 평소에는 70mg을 만들다가 200mg까지 늘어나요.

아드레날린을 만들기 위해서 비타민C 생성이 늘어나는 겁니다.

방금 전에 말씀드렸듯이

스트레스를 받으면 아드레날린이 떨어집니다.

아드레날린이 떨어지면 혈압이 떨어져서 사망하니까,

몸에서

「아, 아드레날린을 만들어야 하는구나」 하는 반응이 오는 겁니다.

따라서 스스로 비타민C를 만들지 못하는 인간이 스트레스를 받으면, 어떻게 해야 하겠습니까?

더 많은 비타민C를 넣어 줘야 하는 겁니다.

단순히 스트레스 해소가 아니라, 살기 위해서입니다.

사람이 감기 같은 육체적인 스트레스를 받으면,

몸속의 비타민C가 4분의 1로 떨어집니다.

벌에 쏘이잖아요? 그러면 절반 이하로 떨어져요.

암 환자들을 검사해 보면

보통사람보다 절반 아래로 떨어져 있는 것을 알 수 있습니다.

이럴 때, 비타민C를 지속적으로 공급해주지 않으면 어떻게 되겠어요. 「突然死(돌연사)」하는 거죠』

해부학 전문가인 그가 돌연사 환자들을 부검해 보면,

절반 이상이 원인을 모른다고 한다.

그는 이런 경우를 계속 연구하는데,

잠정적으로 「비타민C의 부족 때문』이라고 생각하고 있다.

『스트레스에 노출돼 있으면서

칼로리 위주의 식사를 하는 현대인들은,

18세기 영국 해군보다 더 위험한 환경에서 살고 있는 겁니다』

비타민C가 소변으로 배출되는 이유

―얼마 전 「비타민C를 과도하게 섭취하면, 암에 걸린다」는

연구결과가 나와서 논란이 됐습니다.

하루에 비타민C를 얼마나 섭취해야 합니까

『일각에서는 그런 얘기도 하고,

하루에 60~100mg만 먹으면 된다고 합니다.

하지만 이 정도 양은 음식으로 섭취 가능합니다.

비타민C를 섭취한 사람의 소변검사를 해봤습니다.

하루에 100mg 정도를 먹고 소변을 보니까,

소변에서 비타민C가 나오거든요.

그래서 의사들이 「그 이상의 양은 불필요하구나」 생각한 거죠.

비타민B 등 나머지 비타민은 이 얘기가 맞다고 봅니다.

하지만 비타민C는 아니에요』

李旺載 박사는

『동물들이 하루에 비타민C를 얼마나 많이 만드는지 생각해보라』

고 했다.

의학자들의 연구 결과에 따르면,

동물은 70kg 기준으로 비타민C를 5000~6000mg,

많게는 1만~1만5000mg까지 만든다.

앞서 본 것처럼 스트레스를 주면 더 많이 만든다.

『동물의 소변을 검사했어요.

소변에서 많은 양의 비타민C가 나왔습니다.

사람과 마찬가지죠.

그렇다면, 동물들이 쓸데 없이 많은 양의 비타민C를 만들까요.

말씀드렸지만, 비타민C의 원료는 포도당이에요.

포도당을 만들기 위해서 엄청난 풀과 고기를 먹어야 하는데,

야생에서 먹이 구하기가 쉽습니까?

목숨을 걸고 구해서 먹은 포도당을 저장하지 않고,

왜 비타민C로 만들겠습니까. 필요하기 때문이에요.

동물은 자연에서 자신이 만든 물질을 소변으로 내놓지 않아요.

당뇨병이 왜 병입니까. 자기가 만든 포도당을 소변으로 내보니까,

병이죠』

아직 의학적으로 확인된 것은 아니지만, 李교수는

「소변이 나가는 비뇨계를 보호하기 위해 비타민C를 배출하는 것」

이라고 추측하고 있다.

하루 권장량 6000~2만mg

『비타민C는 혈관을 보호합니다.

이는 비타민C의 항산화 효과 때문이에요.

방광에는 소변이 몇 시간 동안 머물러 있어요.

이때 산화 손상을 입게 되는데, 항산화 효과가 있는 비타민C가

이를 보호해 준다고 생각하고 있습니다』

李旺載 박사는

「하루 비타민 권장량 100mg은 너무 부족하다」는 입장이다.

그는 동물이 만드는 양의 중간인 1만mg 정도는 먹어야 한다고

자신하고 있다.

그는 지난 21년 동안 하루에 1만mg을 먹었다.

李교수의 주변 사람들도 매일 1만mg의 비타민C를 먹고 있다고 한다.

『세상에 있는 모든 종류의 비타민C는

성분과 기능이 同一(동일)합니다.

동물이 자체에 분비하든지, 야채와 과일에 있든지,

인간이 만들든지 한 종류입니다.

왜 한 종류일까요. 생명을 지키는 물질이기 때문입니다.

따라서 동물이 만드는 양의 절반이나 적어도 하루에 6000mg 정도는 먹어야 한다는 게  제 생각이에요.

비타민C 복용의 하한선을 새로 그을 필요가 있습니다』

비타민 1000mg은

일반 약국에서 팔고 있는 비타민정 한 개에 해당한다.

이 교수의 말대로라면 매일 6개 이상을 먹어야 한다.

매일 6개 이상을 먹으면 위장 장애는 없을까?

『비타민C는 胃(위)를 보호하고, 소화를 촉진시킵니다.

위암을 유발하는 헬리코박터균을 없애 줍니다.

처음 비타민C를 복용하는 분들 가운데,

통증을 호소하는 경우가 있어요.

한국 사람들은 맵고 짠 음식을 좋아해서,

위장에 작은 궤양이나 염증이 있어요.

비타민C는

酸(산)이라서 상처에 닿으면 상처가 깊어지고 출혈이 납니다.

처음에 아픈 것 같지만 1주일이 지나면, 새살이 돋게 해줍니다.

길게 봐서 한 달만 먹으면 위장이 좋아집니다.

만약 처음에 속이 좀 안 좋으면 반만 먹어요.

1000mg을 먹고도 계속 좋지 않으면, 500mg을 먹으면 돼요.

지난 20년 동안

500mg 먹어서 위장이 계속 좋지 않았던 분은 전혀 없었습니다.

6개월 지나면 매번 2000mg을 먹어도 문제가 없어요』

『하루 세 번 식사 때 나눠서 먹어라』

―매번나눠서 먹기 귀찮을 때는

한 번에 하루 권장량을 먹어도 됩니까.-

『제가 실험해 본 결과 한 번에 5000mg을 먹어도

6시간 후면 몸속의 비타민C 양은 원래로 돌아옵니다.

더 많이 먹어도 마찬가지예요.

따라서 6시간마다 2000mg씩 나눠서 먹는 게 좋아요.

6시간마다 나눠 먹기 어렵다고요?

밥 안 먹습니까? 6시간마다 밥 먹죠. 그때 함께 드세요.

식사할 때 함께 먹으면, 음식과 함께 소화되면서 비타민C가 섞입니다. 섞인 비타민C는 음식을 소화시키면서 생기는

상처를 치료해 주는 효과가 있습니다.

그래서 胃에 좋다고 하는 겁니다』

―음식을 먹을 때마다 먹으라는 겁니까.-

『맞아요. 간식 드실 때 함께 드세요.

술 드시고 밤에 집에 와서 라면 먹죠?

그때 먹으면 더 좋죠.

胃의 활동이 약해져 있는데 음식이 들어가니까 안 좋을 때니까요.

술 드시고 밤에 비타민 3000mg만 꾸준하게 드셔 보세요.

다음날 아침에

「어젯밤에 나 술 안 마셨나 봐」 하는 얘기가 절로 나옵니다.

제 친구들이

「너 때문에 술이 더 늘어서 마누라한테 쫓겨나게 생겼다」고

농담을 합니다』(웃음)

―술이나 담배를 하는 분들은 보통보다 양을 더 늘려야 하나요.-

『더 늘리면 좋죠.

숙취도 없어지고. 저희 장인이나 다른 환자분들을 보니까,

肝에도 효과가 좋습니다』

李旺載 교수는

「비타민C가 술 먹는 사람들에게 좋다」는 얘기를 꽤 오래했다.

그래서 그가 상당한 酒量(주량)의 소유자라고 생각했다.

하지만 그는 독실한 기독교 신자로

술 담배를 한 번도 안 해 봤다고 했다.

이왕재 교수와 그의 비타민C 연구실 연구원들.

대장암 예방에 효능

―원래 부친이 목사십니까.=

『그건 아닙니다. 집안에 목사가 몇 명이 나왔습니다.

하지만 저희 아버님은 농부셨습니다』

李旺載 교수의 고향은 경기도 평택이다.

그는 오산중학교에서 前無後無(전무후무)하게

경기고등학교에 진학했다.

그는 『완전히 개천에서 용이 난 거죠』하며 호탕하게 웃었다.

그의 비타민C 자랑은 끝이 없었다.

『혈관, 胃, 肝, 방광까지 얘기했으니, 이제 대장으로 가볼까요.

비타민C 2000mg을 먹고 실험을 했습니다.

모두 흡수가 안 되고 30~40%는 腸(장)을 통해 대변으로 가더군요.

이는 대장암과 아주 중요한 연관이 있어요.

비타민C를 서너 달 먹은 분들이 백발백중 이런 얘기를 합니다.

「화장실에서 냄새가 사라져요」,

즉 대변에서 냄새가 안 난다는 거죠.

대장에는 균이 많습니다. 동물은 음식을 모두 소화흡수 못 합니다.

대장에 있는 미생물이 이를 분해하면서 동물과 공생하는 겁니다.

동물은 자연 그대로를 먹이로 섭취하지만,

인간은 음식에 조미료, 인공색소를 넣죠.

유전자 조작 곡물, 동물성 단백질을 먹인 고기 등을 먹고 삽니다.

이 때문에 대장에 있는 균이 오염됩니다. 부패균이라고 합니다.

동물의 대변 냄새는 지독하지 않아요.

돼지의 대변이 처음 나올 때는 냄새가 안 납니다.

그런데 이상한 음식을 먹고 난 사람의 대변은 지독한 냄새가 납니다. 대장암은 음식이 썩어서 나오는 물질과 영향이 있습니다』

李旺載 교수에 따르면,

대장암의 70%는 직장과 S자 결장 쪽에서 생긴다고 한다.

대장은 신체의 오른쪽 아래에서 肝까지 갔다가

왼쪽으로 가서 S자로 구부러진다.

이것이 S자 결장이며, 그 아래 직장이 있다.

전체 길이 1~1.5m의 대장 가운데서

직장과 S자 결장에 가장 나쁜 물질이 차 있다.

『비타민C를 하루에 6000mg 이상 먹으면

대장에 있는 균의 1%만 부패균입니다.

음식이 썩어도 냄새가 나지 않아요.

하지만 1000mg 먹으면 부패균이 20%,

전혀 먹지 않으면 부패균이 60~70%까지 올라가요.

제 실험실에 있는 여학생들이 이런 사람의 대변은

악취가 너무 심하다고 고개를 저어요.

비타민C와 대장內 유해 부패균과의 연관관계는

학계에서 정통으로 인정받고 있습니다』

「비타민C 연구실」 운영

李旺載 교수가 의대생이었던 1970년대에는

대장암이 한국의 5大 암이 아니었다.

하지만 2005년 대장암은 위암에 이어 2위였다.

육식을 많이 하는 미국과 유럽은 일찌감치 대장암이 발병 1위이다.

『저와 집사람, 저의 비타민C 스승인 이광호 교수는

대장 내시경검사 결과, 1mg짜리 용종(폴립)도 없습니다.

비타민C를 적정량 장복한 사람의 특징입니다.

우리나라 대장암 발병 수준은 이제 선진국과 비슷해요.

비타민C가 새삼 중요한 이유입니다』

李旺載 교수는 비타민C의 의학적 효과를 과학적으로 입증하기 위해 서울大 의대 내에 「비타민C 연구실」을 운영하고 있다.

매년 2억~3억원씩 연구와 운영 경비가 들어가지만,

「과학적인 치료 데이터가 없다는 비판에서 이제 자유로워지겠다」는 의지로 운영을 하고 있다.

그의 연구실에는

10여 명의 연구원들이 비타민C의 효능에 대해서 연구를 하고 있다.

연구원들의 책상 위에 비타민C 알약을 담은 상자가

몇 개씩 놓여 있었다.

『한 달 3만원이면 가족건강 챙깁니다』

『비타민C의 각종 효과를 임상적으로 실험하기 위해서는

전문가와 많은 실험군이 필요합니다.

저 혼자 이 일을 하는 것은 상당히 어려워요.

하지만 비타민C가 인간의 건강에 얼마나 중요한지를 알고 있는 이상, 손 놓고 있을 수 없습니다.

비타민C 같은 물질을 인간이 스스로 만들어 내지 못하게 되면서

인류의 수명이 100세 아래로 떨어졌어요.

앞으로는 100세 이상 살아야 할 것 아닙니까

李旺載 교수는 인터뷰를 마치고 일어서는 기자 일행에게

비타민C가 담긴 상자를 한 개씩 들려 줬다.

李교수는 엉겁결에 받은 비타민C 상자를 덜렁덜렁 들고 가는 기자가 안심이 안 되었는지, 또 한마디 했다.

『4인 가족이 매일 비타민C 6000mg 먹어봐야

하루에 1000원 들어요.

한 달이면 3만원인데, 술 한 번 안 마시면

가족건강 챙기는 거예요. 꼭 먹어야 돼요』

▣ 비타민C 복용의 효과

- 스트레스를 줄여 주고, 피로감을 덜어 준다.-

- 혈관의 산화와 경화를 막아 준다.-

- 음식과 함께 먹으면 위(胃)를 보호해 준다.-

- 숙취를 줄여서 간(肝)을 보호해 준다.-

- 대장 속의 나쁜 균을 줄여 대장암 발생을 예방한다.-

<월간조선 2007년 10월호 金南成 月刊朝鮮 기자>

젊어지려면, 생마늘보다 익힌 마늘 먹어라 . . .

혈액순환부터 성 기능 강화에도 도움

위 약하거나 혈전 용해제 먹을 땐 삼가야

마늘은 한국인의 대표음식이다.

한국보건산업진흥원의‘2005년 계절별

영양조사’보고서에 따르면

한국인은 여름철에 백미 다음으로 마늘을 자주먹는다.

김치나 소금보다 자주 먹는다는 통계다.

그러다 보니 한국인은 마늘을 통해 탄수화물,

인, 나트륨, 티아민, 비타민C 등 영양소를

상당 부분 섭취하고 있다.

하지만 마늘을 어떻게, 얼마나 많이 섭취해야 하는지 등을

제대로 아는 사람은 그리 많지 않다.

마늘에 대한 궁금점들을 정리했다.
열을 가하면 영양소가 줄어드나

줄어드는 성분도 있지만 생성되는 것도 있다.

생마늘의 알릴설파이드는 효소(알리나제)에 의해

알리신으로 변하는데 열을 가하면

효소 활성도가 떨어져 알리신이 줄어든다.

열에 약한 수용성 비타민인 C와 B도 감소한다.

그러나 노화를 방지하는 항산화 물질의 활성도와

폴리페놀, 플라보노이드 함량은 오히려 증가한다.

열을 가한 마늘은 생마늘에 비해

항산화 물질 활성도(150℃, 4시간)가 약 50배 높고,

폴리페놀(140℃, 2시간)과 플라보노이드(150℃, 1시간)

함량은 각각 약 7배, 약 16배 높다.

과당(140℃ 1시간) 함량도 생마늘에 비해 약 7배 높다.

구운 마늘에서 단맛이 나는 이유다.

하루 얼마나 먹어야 하나

마늘 섭취 제한량은 정해져 있지 않다.

좀 많이 먹어도 수용성 성분이 많아

대부분 몸 밖으로 배출되므로 특별한 부작용 없이

마늘의 좋은 효과를 얻을 수 있다.

특히 잘못된 식습관으로 인한 영양 결핍으로

피로를 잘 느끼고, 입맛이 없고, 동맥경화증이 있고,

혈액순환이 잘 안 되는 사람에게 마늘이 좋다.

마늘 보충제의 경우 성인은 하루에 마늘가루 1스푼,

마늘환(70%, 0.5g)은 10~15개, 마늘즙·

농축액·진액·음료(약 97%, 80㎖)는 1포(병)정도가 적당하다.

노약자는 성인의 절반, 어린이는

성인의 3분의 1을 섭취하면 된다.

마늘을 삼가야 하는 사람도 있다

생마늘은 위벽을 자극하는 알리신이라는 물질을 내놓아

위벽을 헐게 하므로 위장병이 있거나

위가 약한 사람은 피해야 한다.

또 마늘에는 혈액 응고를 막는 성분이 들어 있어

와파린 등의 혈전용해제를 복용하고 있는

심장병 환자들이 마늘을 먹으면 지혈이 잘 안 된다.

지혈이 잘 안되므로 수술 1주일 전에는 삼가야 한다.

이론적으로는 혈전생성을 방지하는 은행물, 징코민,

오메가 3지방산을 과다하게 섭취하는

사람도 마늘을 섭취하면 지혈이 잘 되지 않을 수 있다.

마늘을 먹으면 정말 성기능이 강화되나

성욕감퇴는 신진대사가 원활하지 못하기 때문이다.

운동은 건강의 기초

조정진(한일병원 가정의학과)

종합건강진단을 위해 찾아오는 사람들의 나이를 조사해 본 적이 있다. 흔히 생각하기에 4,50대의 중년층이 많이 찾아올 것 같지만 예상외로 30대 초반의 사람들이 많이 찾아온다. 어찌 보면 가장 원기 왕성한 때가 아닐까 싶지만 한결같이 찾아와서 하는 이야기인즉, '이제는 술을 먹으면 잘 취해요' '술이 쉽게 깨지 않고 오래가요' '옛날에는 며칠 밤새워도 까딱 없었는데 요사이에는 하루만 잠을 못 자도 맥을 못춰요' '피로가 전혀 해소되지 않아요.... 호소하는 이야기의 공통점은 몸이 예전, 즉 20대 같지 않다는 이야기이다.

'아직 청춘이라고 느껴지는 나이에 벌써 몸이 이렇게 되다니 혹시 병이 생긴 것이 아닐까'하는 걱정스런 생각에 종합검진을 받고자 종합 병원을 찾는 것이다. 그러나 검사를 해보면대부분 신체적으로 정상으로 나타난다. 그러나 자신의 몸은 자신이 가장 잘 안다고 하는말도 있듯이 이들의 자신의 몸에 대한 느낌은 왜 생기는 것인가?

의학적으로 밝혀진 바에 의하면 인체는 30세 이후부터 점차 노화가 진행되고 매년 0.9%정도 기능이 떨어진다고 한다. 따라서 30세 이후부터는 건강관리를 해야지 그냥 두면 과거 성장기처럼 온갖 신체기능이 저절로 좋아지거나 증대하지는 않는다. 최근들어 평균수명은 점차로 늘어나고 있지만 인체의 노화를 막는 방법은 아직 개발되지 않았다.

그러나 노화와 관련된 여러 요인들이 밝혀지고 있어, 이제부터 자신의 몸을 '성공적인 노화(successful aging)'를 겪게 하느냐 아니면 '평범하고 일상적인 노화(usual aging)'를 겪게 하느냐에 대한 선택의 여지는 있다고 생각된다. 성공적인 노화는 적절한 운동, 금연, 적절한 음주, 식이습관, 환경 등과 관련이 있다고 보여진다. 여기서 특히 고려해 봐야 할 항목은 운동이다.

운동의 중요성

운동의 중요성을 생각해 보자. 나이가 똑같이 60세이면서 어떤 사람은 계단을 뛰어 올라갈 수도 있지만, 다른 사람은 몇 계단 오르고 숨이 차서 쉬어가야 한다면 이 차이를 무엇으로 설명하겠는가? 물론 여러 요인이 있겠지만 가장 중요한 것은 운동을 한 사람과 안한 사람과의 차이일 것이다. 아니 꼭 늙은 후에 비교되는 것이 아니다. 젊어서도 운동을 전혀 안하는 사람과 지속적인 운동을 하는 사람에게 100미터 달리기를 시켜 보면 그 차이를 쉽게 알 수 있다.

운동은 노화를 성공적으로 진행시키는데 필수적일 뿐만 아니라 동맥경화를 방지하고, 비만을 조절하며, 당분의 대사를 도와 당뇨병 발병을 억제한다. 운동은 나이가 들어 뼈가 약해지는 골다공증의 진행을 막아주고 심폐기능을 향상시킨다. 또한 정신 건강에도 좋은 영향을 미쳐, 불안과 우울을 감소시키고 스스로에게 자신감을 준다고 보고되고 있다. 이는 운동으로 인해 체내에 엔돌핀이 분비되기 때문이라고 한다. 30세 전후로 몸이 예전 같지 않다는 느낌을 가진 사람에게 질문해 보면 운동을 정기적으로 해서 몸을 관리한다는 사람은 전혀 없었다.

바람직한 운동은?

자, 이제부터라도 운동을 시작해 보자. 운동을 할 때 무작정 하는 것이 아니라 자신이 할 운동의 목표를 정하는 것이 좋은데 다음 지침에 따라 정하면 된다.

운동은 기본적으로 에어로빅(유산소) 운동이 좋다. 에어로빅운동이란 운동을 할 때 산소를 소모하는 운동이다. 에어로빅체조처럼 뛰면서 숨이 차는 운동이라고 생각하면 좋다. 역기, 역도, 바디빌딩 등은 유산소성운동이 아니다. 수영, 조깅, 줄넘기, 배드민턴, 자전거 타기, 테니스, 각종 구기종목 등은 유산소성운동에 속한다.
운동의 강도는 최대맥박수를 기준으로 약 60%에서 85% 정도를 유지하는 것이 좋다.(<최대맥박수 = 220 - 자신의 나이>)로 정한다. 운동을 하면서 가볍게 말을 할 수 있는 정도라고 생각하면 된다.
하루 운동시간은 25분에서 45분으로 5분 정도 워밍업, 20분 정도 본격운동, 5분 정도 마무리 시간을 잡으면 된다. 한번 운동시 300Kcal를 소비할 정도이면 좋다. 강도가 최대맥박수의 65% 이하면 하루에 한번, 65% 이상이면 이틀에 한 번 하는 것이 좋다. 운동을 하다 실패하는 가장 많은 원인은 갑작스레 운동을 심하게 해서 오히려 피로를 가증시키는 것이다. 즉 처음 운동을 시작할 때 적응도 안됐으면서 한 시간 정도를 해서 아예 몸져누운 후 다시 운동을 시작하지 못하는 경우를 흔히 본다. 처음에는 5분이라도 좋으니 무리하지 않게 시작하여 서너 달을 기간으로 잡아 운동 시간을 서서히 늘려야 한다.
40세 이상에 운동을 시작하려면 운동부하검사 등을 미리 한 번 해보는 것도 필요하다. 특히 비만, 고혈압, 천식, 협심증 등 동맥경화성 질환이 의심되는 사람은 갑작스런 운동이 위험할 수도 있으므로 미리 의사의 상담을 받아 보는 것이 좋다.

The Power of Vitamin “C” -  

[잠 4:20-잠 4:23]

(20)내 아들아 내 말에 주의하며 나의 이르는 것에 네 귀를 기울이라 (21)그것을 네 눈에서 떠나게 말며 네 마음 속에 지키라  

(20)My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings.

(21)Do not let them depart from your sight; Keep them in the midst of your heart.

(22)그것은 얻는 자에게 생명이 되며 그 온 육체의 건강이 됨이니라  (23)무릇 지킬만한 것보다 더욱 네 마음을 지키라 생명의 근원이 이에서 남이니라

(22)For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. (23)Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life.                                      Prob 4:20-23