School of Jesus Disciples REV 2:7

2010.11.30 10:43

섬김이 Views:4523

School of Jesus Disciples     REV 2:7

743 S. Grandview St. L.A. CA. 90057            Tel. (213)928-2932  Pastor P.K.

Every Sunday 3:30 pm            JD-class      Email: peterkim123@sbcglobal.net Seeking to make disciples who make disciples.

“그러나 너는 모든 일에 근신하여 고난을 받으며 전도인의 일을 하며 네 직무를 다하라”    But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.                                       II Tim 4:5

Devotional to JDs,

THE MIND OF CHRIST

그리스도의 마음에 관하여
By A. Gene Veal

To know God is not an intellectual accomplishment.  Someone said, “Knowing God is revelation not perspiration.”  The Bible says, “Of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.”  When Jesus invites us who “labour and are heavy laden” to “learn of Him,” He says, “My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”  How can this be?

The Principle – Not I, but Christ (자아가죽고, 그리스도의 나타나심)

Living the Christian life is not hard.  You and I will never teach “the flesh” to be “like Jesus.”  Attempting to teach our natural selves creates a “roller coaster” experience of ups and downs in the average Christian’s life.  If you are going to live a Christian life, you must live from the life of Christ IN YOU.  “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Gal 2:20

The Spirit of Christ in us – the Mind of Christ

We can live the Christian life successfully because He has put the “Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus” in us.  As Christians, we have His Spirit within us and, thus, “we have THE MIND OF CHRIST.”  Paul tells us quite clearly, “Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.”  And Paul tells us in 1Corinthians 2:16, “For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.”

How can a mere man know the mind of the Lord?  How can any natural man communicate that knowledge which he has never acquired, and which is foolishness to him? (v.14 “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”)  That knowledge is spiritual, and the natural man is of the flesh?  

“But we have the mind of Christ.”  He has endowed us as Christians with the same disposition, being born again by His Spirit; therefore we are capable of knowing His mind and receiving the teachings of His Spirit.  These teachings we do receive, and therefore are well qualified to convey them to others.

The words, “that he may instruct Him”, should be translated: “that he may teach IT.”  That is, teach the mind of God; not instruct God, but teach His mind to others.  And this interpretation anyone will also bear out.

To understand this text, we must look at the context: (vs.9-16)

“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by His Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

“Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.  But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. {judgeth: or, discerneth} {judged: or, discerned}

“For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.” I Cor 2:9-16

This chapter might be considered a good model for a Christian to regulate his conduct by, or his public ministry; because it points out the mode of preaching used by Paul and the apostles in general.  This great apostle came not to the people with excellency of speech and of wisdom (v.1 - “And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.”), when he declared unto them the counsel of God.  

You and I know little, either of the spirit of Paul or the design of the Gospel, when we make the chief excellence of our teaching and preaching to consist in the eloquence of language, or depth of human reasoning.  The enticing words of man's wisdom are seldom accompanied by the demonstration and power of the Holy Spirit.  When we try to be clever in our teaching we rob the Gospel of its power.  Paul’s determination was “to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.”

That which the Holy Spirit alone can discover, He alone can explain.  Let no man dare to speak of God in any other way than as God speaks of Himself in His Word.  Since we “have the MIND OF CHRIST” then “If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God.” (1Peter 4:11)

Regarding 1Corinthians 2:16, Barnes tells us, “This passage is quoted from Isaiah 40:13. The interrogative form is a strong mode of denying that any one has ever known the mind of the Lord. The argument of Paul is this: "No one can understand God. No one can fully comprehend His plans, His feelings, His views, His designs. No one by nature, under the influence of sense and passion, is either disposed to investigate His truths, or loves them when they are revealed.

But the Christian is influenced by God.  He has His Spirit. He has the mind of Christ, who has the mind of God.  He sympathizes with Christ; he has His feelings, desires, purposes, and plans.  And as no one can fully understand God by nature, so neither can he understand him who is influenced by God, and is like Him; and it is not to be wondered at that he regards the Christian religion as folly, and the Christian as a fool.”

-moved by “The mind of Christ.”.- 그리스도의 마음으로사는 삶

When we have “the mind of Christ” we have His views, His feelings, and His temperament and we are influenced by His Spirit.

Jesus tells us, “Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.”

And Jesus said, “Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, He will guide you into all truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come.  He shall glorify Me: for He shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are Mine: therefore said I, that He shall take of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.”

When we read His Word we gain a fuller knowledge by the revelation of the Spirit into the mysteries of God in Christ Jesus.  Paul said, “How that by revelation He made known unto me the mystery.”   We do not study the Word to gain intellectual knowledge, but that the Spirit will give us true illumination and revelation of Who Christ is and who we are in Him so that “Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ.”

Whose mind do you use...yours or God's? 하나님의 마음으로 섬기는가 ? or 자아의 중심 생각으로 사는가 ?(영과 육의 대조)

There is quite a difference in the two. Our mind is limited, but God's mind is unlimited (Ps. 147:5 “Great is our Lord, and of great power: His understanding is infinite.”). God wants us to use His wisdom and His knowledge because it is so vast.  We need to rely on the mind of Christ, which Paul says we have.

We cannot depend on our natural senses to understand what God wants us to do. We shouldn't rely on what we see, hear, or think. We need to walk by faith, not by sight. We need to be led by the Spirit at all times.  “The Spirit of God searches all things, even the deep things of God.”  God will show us great and mighty things that we do not know (Jer. 33:3 “Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.”).

The Holy Spirit knows the very thoughts of God. The Spirit is like a phone line from Heaven that connects us to God. All we have to do is listen. Jesus made this powerful line of communication with heaven possible when He sent us the Holy Spirit.

We have “the mind of Christ” because we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us. The Holy Spirit teaches us all things, even the deep things of God. God will reveal Himself to us in mighty ways. Let us be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's voice. We will be filled to overflowing with the Holy Spirit and we will have access to the unlimited, all-knowing, eternal mind of Christ.

(성령님의 생각과 인도하심에 자신을 Surrender하여 나아갈 때 하나님은 기뻐 하신다.)

MAY THE MIND OF CHRIST MY SAVIOR

Kate Wilkinson, 1925

May the mind of Christ my Sav-ior
   Live in me from day to day,
By His love and power con-trol-ling
   All I do and say.

May the Word of God dwell rich-ly
   In my heart from hour to hour,
So that all may see I tri-umph
   On-ly through His power.

May the peace of God my Father
   Rule my life in ev-ery-thing,
That I may be calm to com-fort
   Sick and sor-row-ing.

May the love of Je-sus fill me
   As the wa-ters fill the sea;
Him ex-alt-ing, self a-bas-ing,
   This is vic-to-ry.

May His beau-ty rest up-on me
   As I seek the lost to win,
And may they for-get the chan-nel,
   See-ing on-ly Him.

PAGE 644 in the Trinity Hymnal  

ON HUMILITY

겸손에 관하여
by A. Gene Veal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 18:4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted."

Matthew 23:12

"You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry."

Psalm 10:17  

"When you are cast down, you will speak with confidence, and the humble person He will save."

Job 22:29

"It is better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly than to divide the spoil with the proud."

Proverbs 16:19

"He mocks proud mockers but gives grace to the humble."

Proverbs 3:34  

"But He gives us greater grace. Therefore it says, "God is opposed to the proud, but gives grace to the humble."

James 4:6

"For He who requires blood remembers them; He does not forget the cry of the afflicted."

Psalm 9:12

"The reward of humility and the fear of the Lord are riches honor and life."

Proverbs 22:4

"The fear of the Lord is the instruction for wisdom, and before honor comes humility."

Proverbs 15:33

"A man's pride will bring him low, but a humble spirit will obtain honor."

Proverbs 29:23

"Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time."

1 Peter 5:6

Andrew Murray said: “Do you want to enter what people call ‘the higher life’?  Then go a step lower down.”

“The ears of barley that bear the richest grain always hang the lowest.”  Anonymous

“They that know God will be humble, and they that know themselves, cannot be proud.”  John Flavel

“The meek man is not a human mouse afflicted with a sense of his own inferiority.  Rather he may be in his moral life as bold as a lion and as strong as Samson; but he has stopped being fooled about himself.  He has accepted God’s estimate of his won life.  He knows he is as weak and helpless as God declared him to be, but paradoxically, he knows at the same time that he is in the sight of God of more importance than angels. In himself, nothing; in God, everything.  That is his motto.”  A. W. Tozer

“Humility is as scarce as an albino robin.”  A. W. Tozer

“I used to think that God’s gifts were on shelves one above the other and that the taller we grew in Christian character the easier we could reach them.  I now find that God’s gifts are on shelves one beneath the other.  It is not a question of growing taller, but of stooping down to get His best gifts.”  F. B. Meyer  

“The higher a man is in grace, the lower he will be in his own esteem.”  Charles H. Spurgeon

“Become nothing if you would become something.”  In His rules of success, you must stoop to rise, go down to get up. And shrink to grow.  Anonymous

DESIRED HUMILITY
by Charles H. Spurgeon

겸손한자와 함께 하시는 하나님
"He giveth grace unto the humble"
(James 4:6)

Humble hearts seek grace, and therefore they get it. Humble hearts yield to the sweet influences of grace, and so it is bestowed on them more and more largely. Humble hearts lie in the valleys where streams of grace are flowing, and hence they drink of them. Humble hearts are grateful for grace and give the LORD the glory of it, and hence it is consistent with His honor to give it to them.

Come, dear reader, take a lowly place. Be little in thine own esteem, that the LORD may make much of thee. Perhaps the sigh breaks out, "I fear I am not humble." It may be that this is the language of true humility. Some are proud of being humble, and this is one of the very worst sorts of pride. We are needy, helpless, undeserving, hell-deserving creatures, and if we are not humble we ought to be.

Let us humble ourselves because of our sins against humility, and then the LORD will give us to taste of His favor. It is grace which makes us humble, and grace which finds in this humility an opportunity for pouring in more grace. Let us go down that we may rise. Let us be poor in spirit that God may make us rich. Let us be humble that we may not need to be humbled but may be exalted by the grace of God.

GODWARD HUMILITY
by John Piper

God loves it when man boasts in God, and God hates it when man boasts in man.

"Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord" (2 Corinthians 10:17). "Far be it from me to boast except in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Galatians 6:14).

"The haughty looks of man shall be brought low, and the lofty pride of men shall be humbled, and the Lord alone will be exalted in that day. For the Lord of hosts has a day against all that is proud and lofty, against all that is lifted up"
(Isaiah 2:11-12).

There are two reasons (at least) why God hates for man to boast in man.

1) Boasting in man deflects man’s attention from the Fountain of his joy and so ruins his life. It tricks man into replacing Magnificence with a mirror. Man was not made to admire man. He was made to admire God. The joy of admiration is prostituted and ruined when man tries to find galaxy-size Glory in the glow of his own reflection. God does not like the damage done by boasting in man.

2) The other reason God hates for man to boast in man is this: It conveys the conviction that man is more admirable than God. Now that is, of course, untrue. But we would miss the point if we said: "God hates lying and therefore God hates boasting in man because it conveys a lie." No. That’s not quite right. What God hates is the dishonoring of God. Lying happens to be one way that he is dishonored as the God of truth. So the real problem with man’s boasting in man is that it belittles God.

Boasting in God, on the other hand, does the double opposite: it honors God and gives man the joy for which he was made: admiring the infinitely admirable.

Mercifully, therefore, God has doubly excluded boasting by the way he saves sinners.

First, boasting is excluded by faith.

Romans 3:27, "Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith." Why does faith exclude boasting? The reason is not merely because faith is a gift of God, which it is. But so are all the fruits of the Spirit. Yet they do not all exclude boasting in the same way. Faith is unique among all the acts of the soul. It is the weakest and most helpless and most empty-handed act of the soul. It is all dependence on Another. In a sense, it is an acted non-act.

Let me explain. I mean it is an inclination of the soul to seek help with no expectation that any inclination of the soul is good enough to obtain help, not even the inclination of faith. It is unique among all the acts of the soul. Since it is empty-handed, it is not like a virtue. It looks to the virtue of another. It looks to the strength of another. It looks to the wisdom of another. It is entirely other-directed and other-dependent. Therefore, it can’t boast in itself, for it can’t even look at itself. It is the kind of thing that in a sense has no "self." As soon as the unique act of the soul exists it is attached to another from whom it gets all its reality.

Second, boasting is excluded by election.

1 Corinthians 1:27-29, "God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God."

God’s election is designed to remove boasting. The point is that God does not choose people with a view to any feature in us that would allow us to boast. In fact, Romans 9:11 makes clear that God’s election is designed to make God’s saving purpose rest finally on God alone, not any act of the human soul.

"Though [Jacob and Esau] were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad – in order that God's purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because him who calls [God chose Jacob not Esau]". The contrast with works here is not faith, but "him who calls." The choice of God rests finally on God alone. He decides who will believe and undeservingly be saved.

Therefore, let us look away from ourselves and all human help. Let all boasting in man and man’s accomplishments cease. And let us boast in the Lord.

What is the 'Christ Mind' ... it is the consciousness (the mind) in which Jesus functioned ... in which he 'walked'. "He that hath seen me ... hath seen the Father" ... "I and my father are one," he said. He knew that he and God ... 'his source', were One... One and the same. So ... HE 'WALKED' AS GOD ... in God consciousness. He dwelt in the 'Kingdom' of God... in the consciousness of being God!

In Phillipians 2:5, the apostle Paul said, "let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus." In Mathew 6:33 Jesus said, "seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." He was not talking about a place ... he was talking about a State of Mind! The 'kingdom of God' ... IS A STATE OF MIND ... the CHRIST MIND!

We have been told that it is within us (the kingdom of God), but we have never been told that it is a state of mind ... a state of KNOWING that the ' I ' within each of us is the Father! We have never been told that the ' I ' within us that says I am Robert, I am Richard, I am Henry, I am Marie, I am Helen, I am Shirley, etc., etc. is the same ' I ' that said, "I and my Father are one" some two thousand years ago. Each of us is the presence of God! God is the Life... the reality of each of us. "I am the Lord and there is none else." (Isaiah 45 : 6)

We have failed to realize our relationship to each other ... to our Source ... to God. When we realize that each of us is the Source manifesting... we begin to take upon ourselves the likeness of our Source. That likeness, is the CHRIST. To function in that consciousness... AS THE SOURCE... is to function in the Christ Mind! The Christ Mind... is but the Universal Mind (The Divine Mind) personified.
"The Christ Mind" contain everything necessary to take you from your present state of mind, into the "Christ Mind".

ONENESS WITH CHRIST

그리스도와 합일함에 관하여

All the dealings of God with the soul of the believer are in order to bring him into oneness with Himself, that the prayer of our Lord may be fulfilled: "That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me and I in thee, that they also may be one in us." . . . "I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them as thou hast loved me."

This soul-union was the glorious purpose in the heart of God for His people before the foundation of the world. It was the mystery hid from ages and generations. It was accomplished in the incarnation of Christ. It has been made known by the Scriptures. And it is realized as an actual experience by many of God's dear children.

[요 1:14-요 1:14]

(14)말씀이 육신이 되어 우리 가운데 거하시매 우리가 그 영광을 보니 아버지의 독생자의 영광이요 은혜와 진리가 충만하더라  

(14)And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

John 1:14

But not by all. It is true of all, and God has not hidden it or made it hard, but the eyes of many are too dim and their hearts too unbelieving, and they fail to grasp it. And it is for the very purpose of bringing them into the personal and actual realization of this, that the Lord is stirring up believers everywhere at the present time to abandon themselves to Him, that He may work in them all the good pleasure of His will.

All the previous steps in the Christian life lead up to this. The Lord has made us for it; and until we have intelligently apprehended it, and have voluntarily consented to embrace it, the travail of His soul for us is not satisfied, nor have our hearts found their destined and final rest.

The usual course of Christian experience is pictured in the history of the disciples. First they were awakened to see their condition and their need, and they came to Christ and gave in their allegiance to Him. Then they followed Him, worked for Him, believed in Him; and yet, how unlike Him! seeking to be set up one above the other; running away from the cross; misunderstanding His mission and His words; forsaking their Lord in time of danger; but still sent out to preach, recognized by Him as His disciples, possessing power to work for Him. **** They knew Christ only "after the flesh," as outside of them, their Lord and Master, but not yet their Life.

Then came Pentecost, and these disciples came to know Him as inwardly revealed; as one with them in actual union, their very indwelling Life. Henceforth He was to them Christ within, working in them to will and to do of His good pleasure; delivering them by the law of the Spirit of His life from the bondage to the law of sin and death, under which they had been held.

No longer was it between themselves and Him, a war of wills and a clashing of interest. One will alone animated them, and that was His will. One interest alone was dear to them, and that was His. They were made ONE with Him.

And surely all can recognize this picture, though perhaps as yet the final stage of it has not been fully reached. You may have left much to follow Christ, dear reader; you may have believed on him, and worked for Him, and loved Him, and yet may not be like Him. Allegiance you know, and confidence you know, but not yet union. There are two wills, two interests, two lives. You have not yet lost your own life that you may live only in His. Once it was I and not Christ; then it was I and Christ; perhaps now it is even Christ and I. But has it come yet to be Christ only, and not I at all?

Perhaps you do not understand what this oneness means. Some people think it consists in a great emotion or a wonderful feeling of oneness, and they turn inward to examine their emotions, thinking to decide by the state of these, what is the state of their interior union with God. But nowhere is the mistake of trusting to feelings greater than here.

Oneness with Christ must, in the very nature of things, consists in a Christ-like life and character. It is not what we feel, but what we are that settles the question. No matter how exalted or intense our emotions on the subject may be, if there is not a likeness of character with Christ, a unity of aim and purpose, a similarity of thought and of action, there can be no real oneness.

This is plain common-sense, and it is Scriptural as well.

We speak of two people being one, and we mean that their purposes, and actions, and thoughts, and desires are alike. A friend may pour out upon us enthusiastic expressions of love, and unity and oneness, but if that friend's aims, and actions, and ways of looking at things are exactly opposite to ours, we cannot feel there is any real oneness between us, notwithstanding all our affection for one another.

To be truly one with another, we must have the same likes and dislikes, the same joys and sorrows, the same hopes and fears. As someone says, we must look through one another's eyes, and think with one another's brains. This is, as I said above, only plain common-sense.

And oneness with Christ can be judged by no other rule. It is out of the question to be one with Him in any other way than in the way of nature, and character, and life. Unless we are Christ-like in our thoughts and our ways, we are not one with Him, no matter how we feel.

I have seen Christians, with hardly one Christ-like attribute in their whole characters, who yet were so emotional and had such ecstatic feelings of love for Christ, as to think themselves justified in claiming the closest oneness with Him. I scarcely know a sadder sight. Surely our Lord meant to reach such cases when He said in Matt. 7:21, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." – 하나님과의 합일은 하나님의 인격에 합일하여 하나님의 뜻대로 완전히 행하는 것이다.

He was not making here any arbitrary statement of God's will, but a simple announcement of the nature of things. Of course it must be so. It is like saying, "No man can enter the ranks of astronomers who is not an astronomer." Emotions will not make a man an astronomer, but life and action. He must be one, not merely feel that he is one.

There is no escape from this inexorable nature of things, and especially here. Unless we are one with Christ as to character and life and action, we cannot be one with Him in any other way, for there is no other way. We must be "partakers of His nature" or we cannot be partakers of His life, for His life and His nature are one.

But emotional souls do not always recognize this. They feel so near Christ and so united to Him, that they think it must be real; and overlooking the absolute necessity of Christ-likeness of character and walk, they are building their hopes and their confidence on their delightful emotions and exalted feelings, and think they must be one with Him, or they could not have such rich and holy experiences.

Now it is a psychological fact that these or similar emotions can be produced by other causes than a purely divine influence, and that they are largely dependent upon temperament and physical conditions. It is most dangerous, therefore, to make them a test of our spiritual union with Christ. It may result in just such a grievous self-deception as our Lord warns against in Luke 6:46-49, "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Our soul delights perhaps in calling Him, Lord, Lord, but are we doing the things which He said; for this, He tells us, is the important point, after all.

If, therefore, led by our feelings, we are saying in meetings, or among our friends, or even in our own heart before the Lord, that we are abiding in Him, let us take home to ourselves in solemn consideration these words of the Holy Ghost, "He that saith he abideth in Him, ought himself so to walk, even as He walked."

Unless we are thus walking, we cannot possibly be abiding in Him, no matter how much we may feel as if we were.

If you are really one with Christ you will be sweet to those who are cross to you; you will bear everything and make no complaints; when you are reviled you will not revile again; you will consent to be trampled on, as Christ was, and feel nothing but love in return; you will seek the honor of others rather than your own; you will take the lowest place, and be the servant of all, as Christ was;

you will literally and truly love your enemies and do good to them that despitefully use you; you will, in short, live a Christ-like life, and manifest outwardly as well as feel inwardly a Christ-like spirit, and will walk among men as He walked among them. This, dear friends, is what it is to be one with Christ. And if all this is not your life according to your measure, then you are not one with Him, no matter how ecstatic or exalted your feelings may be.

To be one with Christ is too wonderful and solemn and mighty an experience to be reached by any overflow or exaltation of mere feeling. He was holy, and those who are one with Him will be holy also. There is no escape from this simple and obvious fact.

Oneness with God - "I do always the things that please Him." "Whatsoever He saith unto me that I do."

When our Lord tried to make us understand His oneness with God, He expressed it in such words as these, "I do always the things that please Him." "Whatsoever He saith unto me that I do." "The Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He seeth the Father do; for what things soever He doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."

"I can of mine own self do nothing; as I hear I judge, and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of Him that sent me." "If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not. But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works; that ye may know and believe that the Father is in me and I in Him."

The test of oneness then, was the doing of the same works, and it is the test of oneness now. And if our Lord could say of Himself that if He did not the works of his Father, He did not ask to be believed, no matter what professions or claims He might make, surely His disciples must do no less.

It is forever true in the nature of things that "a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit." It is not that they will not, but they cannot. And a soul that is one with Christ will just as surely bring forth a Christ-like life, as a grapevine will bring forth grapes and not thistles.

Not that I would be understood to object to emotions. On the contrary, I believe they are very precious gifts, when they are from God, and are to be greatly rejoiced in. But what I do object to is the making them a test or proof of spiritual states, either in ourselves or others, and depending on them as the foundation of our faith. Let them come or let them go, just as God pleases, and make no account of them either way. But always see to it that the really vital marks of oneness with Christ, the marks of likeness in character, and life, and walk, are ours, and all will be well.

Oneness with God – Keep His Word

For "he that saith I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in Him. But whoso keepeth His word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in Him."

It may be, my dear reader, that the grief of your life has been the fact that you have so few good feelings. You try your hardest to get up the feelings which you hear others talking about, but they will not come. You pray for them fervently, and are often tempted to upbraid God because He does not grant them to you. And you are filled with an almost unbearable anguish because you think your want of emotion is a sign that there is not any interior union of your soul with Christ. You judge altogether by your feelings, and think there is no other way to judge.

Now my advice to you is to let your feelings go, and pay no regard to them whatever. They really have nothing to do with the matter. They are not the indicators of your spiritual state, but are merely the indicators of your temperament, or of your present physical condition. People in very low states of grace are often the subjects of very powerful emotional experiences. We all know this from the scenes we have heard of or witnessed at camp-meetings and revivals.

I myself had a colored servant once who would become unconscious under the power of her wonderful experiences, whenever there was a revival meeting at their church, who yet had hardly a token of any spiritual life about her at other times, and who was, in fact, not even moral. Now surely, if the Bible teaches nothing else, it does teach this, that a Christ-like life and walk must accompany any experience which is really born of His spirit. It could not be otherwise in the very nature of things. But I fear some Christians have separated the two things so entirely in their conceptions, as to have exalted their experiences at the expense of their walk, and have come to care far more about their emotions than about their character.

A certain colored congregation in one of the Southern States was a plague to the whole neighborhood by their open disregard of even the ordinary rules of morality; stealing, and lying, and cheating, without apparently a single prick of conscience on the subject. And yet their nightly meetings were times of the greatest emotion and "power." Someone finally spoke to the preacher about it, and begged him to preach a sermon on morality, which would lead his people to see their sins. "Ah, missus," he replied, "I knows dey's bad, but den it always brings a coldness like over de meetings when I preaches about dem things."

You are helpless as to your emotions, but character you can have if you will. You can be so filled with Christ as to be Christ-like, and if you are Christ-like, then you are one with Him in the only vital and essential way, even though your feelings may tell you that it is an impossibility.

Having thus settled what oneness with Christ really is, the next point for us to consider is how to reach it for ourselves.   We must first of all find out what are the facts in the case, and what is our own relation to these facts.

If you read such passages as 1 Cor. 3:16, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" and then look at the opening of the chapter to see to whom these wonderful words are spoken, even to "babes in Christ," who were "yet carnal," and walked according to man, you will see that this soul-union of which I speak, this unspeakably glorious mystery of an indwelling God is the possession of even the weakest and most failing believer in Christ. So that it is not a new thing you are to ask for, but only to realize that which you already have. Of every believer in the Lord Jesus it is absolutely true, that his "body is the temple of the Holy Ghost, which is in him, which he has of God."

It seems to me just in this way; as though Christ were living in a house, shut up in a far-off closet, unknown and unnoticed by the dwellers in the house, longing to make Himself known to them and be one with them in all their daily lives, and share in all their interests, but unwilling to force Himself upon their notice; as nothing but a voluntary companionship could meet or satisfy the needs of His love.

The days pass by over that favored household, and they remain in ignorance of their marvellous privilege. They come and go about all their daily affairs with no thought of their wonderful Guest. Their plans are laid without reference to Him. His wisdom to guide, and His strength to protect, are all lost to them. Lonely days and weeks are spent in sadness, which might have been full of the sweetness of His presence.

But suddenly the announcement is made, "The Lord is in the house!"
     How will its owner receive the intelligence? Will he call out an eager thanksgiving, and throw wide open every door for the entrance of his glorious Guest; Or will he shrink and hesitate, afraid of His presence and seek to reserve some private corner for a refuge from His all-seeing eye?

Dear friend, I make the glad announcement to thee that the Lord is in thy heart. Since the day of thy conversion He has been dwelling there, but thou hast lived on in ignorance of it. Every moment during all that time might have been passed in the sunshine of His sweet presence, and every step have been taken under His advice. But because thou knew it not, and hast never looked for Him there, thy life has been lonely and full of failure. But now that I make the announcement to thee, how wilt thou receive it?

Art thou glad to have Him? Wilt thou throw wide open every door to welcome Him in? Wilt thou joyfully and thankfully give up the government of thy life into His hands? Wilt thou consult Him about everything, and let Him decide each step for thee, and mark out every path? Wilt thou invite Him to thy innermost chambers, and make Him the sharer in thy most hidden life?

Wilt thou say, "YES!" to all His longing for union with thee, and with a glad and eager abandonment, hand thyself and all that concerns thee over into His hands? If thou wilt, then shall thy soul begin to know something of the joy of union with Christ.

And yet, after all, this is but a faint picture of the blessed reality. For far more glorious than it would be to have Christ a dweller in the house or in the heart, is it to be brought into such a real and actual union with Him as to be one with Him, one will, one purpose, one interest, one life. Human words cannot express such glory as this. And yet I want to express it. I want to make your souls so unutterably hungry to realize it, that day or night you cannot rest without it. Do you understand the words, one with Christ? Do you catch the slightest glimpse of their marvellous meaning?

Does not your whole soul begin to exult over such a wondrous destiny? For it is a reality. It means to have no life but His life, to have no will but His will, to have no interests but His interests, to share His riches, to enter into His joys, to partake of His sorrows, to manifest His life, to have the same mind as He had, to think, and feel, and act, and walk as He did. Oh, who could have dreamed that such a destiny could have been ours!

Wilt thou have it, dear soul? Thy Lord will not force it on thee, for He wants thee as His companion and His friend, and a forced union would be incompatible with this. It must be voluntary on thy part. The bride must say a willing "Yes," to her bridegroom, or the joy of their union is utterly wanting. Canst thou say a willing "Yes," to thy Lord?

It is such a simple transaction, and yet so real! The steps are but three. First, be convinced that the Scriptures teach this glorious indwelling of thy God; then surrender thy whole being to Him to be possessed by Him; and finally believe that He has taken possession, and is dwelling in thee. Begin to reckon thyself dead, and to reckon Christ as thy only life.

Maintain this attitude of soul unwaveringly. Say, "I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I, but Christ liveth in me," over and over day and night, until it becomes the habitual breathing of thy soul. Put off thy self-life by faith and in fact continually, and put on practically the life of Christ.

Let this act become, by its constant repetition, the attitude of thy whole being. And as surely as thou dost this day by day, thou shalt find thyself continually bearing about in thy body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus may be made manifest in thy mortal flesh. Thou shalt learn to know what salvation means; and shalt have opened out to thy astonished gaze secrets of the Lord, of which thou hast hitherto hardly dreamed.

[롬 6:3-롬 6:4]

(3)무릇 그리스도 예수와 합하여 세례를 받은 우리는 그의 죽으심과 합하여 세례 받은 줄을 알지 못하느뇨  (4)그러므로 우리가 그의 죽으심과 합하여 세례를 받음으로 그와 함께 장사되었나니 이는 아버지의 영광으로 말미암아 그리스도를 죽은 자 가운데서 살리심과 같이 우리로 또한 새 생명 가운데서 행하게 하려 함이니라

(3) Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death. (4)Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.      Rom 6:3-4

How have I erred! God is my home

And God Himself is here.

Why have I looked so far for Him,

Who is nowhere but near?

Yet God is never so far off

As even to be near;

He is within, our spirit is

The home He holds most dear.

So all the while I thought myself

Homeless, forlorn, and weary;

Missing my joy, I walked the earth,

Myself God's sanctuary.

El Shaddai, El Shaddai

God the Almighty

El Shaddai, El Shaddai,
El-Elyon na Adonai,
Age to age You're still the same,
By the power of the name.
El Shaddai, El Shaddai,
Erkamka na Adonai,
We will praise and lift You high,
El Shaddai.

2. Through the years You've made it clear,
That the time of Christ was near,
Though the people couldn't see
What Messiah ought to be.
Though Your Word contained the plan,
They just could not understand
Your most awesome work was done
Through the frailty of Your Son.

3. El Shaddai, El Shaddai,
El-Elyon na Adonai,
Age to age You're still the same,
By the power of the name.
El Shaddai, El Shaddai,
Erkamka na Adonai,
I will praise and lift You high,
El Shaddai.

N.B.> **

El Shaddai – God the Almighty,  El Elyon –God the Most High

Erkamka na Adonai –I’ll love you,    Na Adonai! –O Lord!  

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Words: Fan­ny Cros­by, 1875,  Music: W. How­ard Doane

1.   To God be the glory, great things He has done;
So loved He the world that He gave us His Son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin,
And opened the life gate that all may go in.

Refrain

Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the earth hear His voice!
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord,
Let the people rejoice!
O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son,
And give Him the glory, great things He has done.

2.   O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes,
That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.

Refrain

3.   Great things He has taught us, great things He has done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the Son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be
Our wonder, our transport, when Jesus we see.

Refrain

FORWARDS -PIC -from Pastor Kang, Thanks.

보고픈 사람이 있다는 것은

^-^★ 보고픈 사람이 있다는 것은 ★^-^

보고픈 사람이 있다는건
그리운 사람이 있다는건
아직 그대의 가슴에
사랑이 남아 있다는 것입니다.

누군가를 그리워할 수 있다는 것은
아직 내 안의 사랑이
존재해 있다는 것입니다.

누군가를 목놓아 부를 수 있음은
아직도 내가 사랑을
놓지 않고 있음입니다.