School of Jesus Disciples REV 2:7

2010.08.31 09:56

섬김이 Views:4914

School of Jesus Disciples     REV 2:7

743 S. Grandview St. L.A. CA. 90057            Tel. (213)928-2932  Pastor P.K.

Every Sunday 3:30 pm            JD-class      Email: peterkim123@sbcglobal.net Seeking to make disciples who make disciples.

“그러나 너는 모든 일에 근신하여 고난을 받으며 전도인의 일을 하며 네 직무를 다하라”    But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.                                       II Tim 4:5

Devotional to JDs,

Melchizedek – 멜기세덱에 관하여

Melchizedek or Malki-tzédek (מַלְכִּי־צֶדֶק / מַלְכִּי־צָדֶק,  Hebrew Malki-ẓédeq
[창 14:18-창 14:20]

(18)살렘 왕 멜기세덱이 떡과 포도주를 가지고 나왔으니 그는 지극히 높으신 하나님의 제사장이었더라  (19)그가 아브람에게 축복하여 가로되 천지의 주재시요 지극히 높으신 하나님이여 아브람에게 복을 주옵소서  (20)너희 대적을 네 손에 붙이신 지극히 높으신 하나님을 찬송할지로다 하매 아브람이 그 얻은 것에서 십분 일을 멜기세덱에게 주었더라

(18)And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. (19)And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: (20)And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.                                                                Gen 14:18-20

Name and titles
Melchizedek's name can be translated (from Hebrew) either as Zedek is my king or as My king is righteous.  In Genesis, Melchizedek is also referred to as king of Salem (generally believed to be ancient Jerusalem), and priest of El Elyon. Though traditionally El-Elyon is translated as most high God, and interpreted as a reference to Yahweh (by tradition) or El (by some scholars), other scholars believe that it refers to Zedek - regarding El Elyon as referring to the most high God, and using Melchizedek's name as the indicator of who the deity was.

Biblical Narrative
In the Tanakh, Melchizedek brought bread and wine to Abraham (then called Abram) after Abraham's victory over the four kings (led by Chedorlaomer) who had besieged Sodom and Gomorrah and had taken Abraham's nephew Lot prisoner. Melchizedek is also described as blessing Abraham in the name of El Elyon (see name and titles section for identification of El Elyon), and in return for these favours, Abraham gave Melchizedek a tithe, from the spoils gained in the battle.[6]       (Genesis 14:18-20)

N.B.> **Classical Rabbinical interpretation
In the Midrash, the Rabbis identified Melchizedek with Shem son of Noah. (E.g., Babylonian Talmud Nedarim 32b; Genesis Rabbah 46:7; Genesis Rabbah 56:10; Leviticus Rabbah 25:6; Numbers Rabbah 4:8.) Rabbi Isaac the Babylonian said that Melchizedek was born circumcised. (Genesis Rabbah 43:6.)

Melchizedek called Jerusalem “Salem.” (Genesis Rabbah 56:10.) The Rabbis said that Melchizedek instructed Abraham in the Torah. (Genesis Rabbah 43:6.) Rabbi Eleazar said that Melchizedek’s school was one of three places where the Holy Spirit manifested itself. (Babylonian Talmud Makkot 23b.) The Rabbis taught that Melchizedek acted as a priest and handed down Adam’s robes to Abraham. (Numbers Rabbah 4:8.)

Rabbi Zechariah said on Rabbi Ishmael’s authority that God intended to bring forth the priesthood through Melchizedek’s descendants, but because Melchizedek blessed Abraham before he blessed God (in Gen. 14:19-20), God brought the priesthood forth from Abraham’s descendants. (Babylonian Talmud Nedarim 32b; see also Leviticus Rabbah 25:6 (crediting Rabbi Ishamel).)

Rabbi Judah said in Rabbi Nehorai's name that Melchizedek’s blessing yielded prosperity for Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. (Genesis Rabbah 43:8.) Ephraim Miksha'ah the disciple of Rabbi Meir said in the latter's name that Tamar descended from Melchizedek. (Genesis Rabbah 85:10.)

Rabbi Hana bar Bizna citing Rabbi Simeon Hasida identified Melchizedek as one of the four craftsmen of whom Zechariah wrote in Zechariah 2:3. (Babylonian Talmud Sukkah 52b; see also Song of Songs Rabbah 2:33 (crediting Rabbi Berekiah in the name of Rabbi Isaac).) The Talmud teaches that David wrote the Book of Psalms, including in it the work of the elders, including Melchizedek (in Psalm 110). (Babylonian Talmud Baba Batra 14b-15a.)

The Zohar finds in “Melchizedek king of Salem” a reference to “the King Who rules with complete sovereignty,” or according to another explanation, that “Melchizedek” alludes to the lower world and “king of Salem” to the upper world. (Zohar 1:86b-87a.)

The Melchizedek Priesthood and Christianity
Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah spoken of as "a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek" (Ps. 110:4), and so Jesus plays the role of High Priest once and for all. Jesus is considered a priest in the order of Melchizedek because, like Melchizedek, Jesus was not a Levite, and thus would not qualify for the Levitical priesthood (Heb. 7:13-17).

The LORD has sworn and will not change His mind, "Thou art a priest forever    

according to the order of Melchizedek."                                Psalm 110:4  

Shem and Melchizedek
Shem lived five hundred years after fathering Arkpasad, and then died at the age of six hundred (Gen. 11:10, 11). Therefore, his death took place thirteen years after the death of Sarah (1881 B.C.E.) and ten years after Rebecca and Isaac married (1878 B.C.E.) In that light, it has been opinioned that it is possible that Shem might have been Melchizedek (which does translate to King of Righteousness), the priest-king to whom Abraham paid tithes (Gen 14: 18-20).

However the Biblical records does not say this, the author of Hebrews (possibly St. Paul) points out that there existed no other genealogical records nor any other data on the life of Melchizedek, so he can be said to be an archetype of Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah, who is now the eternal Priest and King.

Confusion over Melchizedek's lineage
Hebrews 7:3 creates some confusion between denominations regarding Melchizedek's nature and background. This is how it stands in the KJV, describing Melchizedek as:

"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually."                                                                     Hebrews 7:3

Different denominations interpret this in vastly different ways. Some say that Melchizedek is literally like the Son of God (or even is the Son of God) in that he has no father or mother. Others say that he has been adopted into Christ's lineage through the Lord's suffering, [9] still others claim that the verse has been mistranslated, and that the Priesthood Melchizedek held is what is without lineage, not Melchizedek. [10] Others claim that the verse merely represents Melchizedek's not being a priesthood holder because of lineage (i.e. "without descent" meaning not a descendent of Levi as required by Mosaic Law.)[11]

The Melchizedek priesthood in scripture
From the day that Moses brought the Torah/the Law down from Mount Sinai it was the tribe of Levi who were commissioned to serve as priests before YHVH, the God of Israel. This continued on into the era of the Kings of Israel. Melchizedek, King of Salem, a contemporary of Abraham, was not from the tribe of Levi and in fact pre-dated the patriarch Levi by two generations. The Torah and the Old Testament affirms that Melchizedek was "priest of God Most High." (Genesis 14:18) King David in the Psalms refers to the future King of kings or Messiah as a "priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek." (Psalm 110:1-4.) Judaism traditionally identifies Melchizedek (lit. "My king is righteous") with Shem.

Melchizedek is referred to again in Hebrews 5:6-10; Hebrews 6:20; Hebrews 7:1-21: "Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek"; and Hebrews 8:1. The writer to the Hebrews points out that Melchizedek received tithes from Abraham. Since Levi was as yet unconceived by Abraham when he gave tithes to Melchizedek then it follows that the priestly office of Melchizedek is greater than the priesthood of Levi.

And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham: But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises" (Hebrews 7:5-6).

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron? For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law" (Hebrews 7:11-12).

Hebrews 7:3 in the New Testament refers to Melchizedek as a king "without father or mother or genealogy," a reference which some Christians take as a type of Christ.

Interpretations of the Melchizedek priesthood
N.B.> **Catholics find the roots of their priesthood in the tradition of Melchizedek. In Genesis 14:18, Melchizedek offers a sacrifice of bread and wine. Christ therefore fulfilled the prophecy of Ps 110:4, that he would be a priest "after the order of Melchizedek," at the Last Supper, when he broke and shared bread with his disciples. Catholics take seriously Christ's command that the Apostles should "do this in memory of Me." As such, the Church continues to offer sacrifices of bread and wine at Mass, as part of the sacrament of the Eucharist.

Christian evangelicals and Messianic Jews believe that it will be Jesus Christ/Yeshua Hamashiach who will return as the true Messiah. According to this view, which is taken from a literalist interpretation of Revelation 20, he will serve as both king and high Priest in a coming millennium of the Messiah.

A Christian interpretation that better represents Protestant traditions of the Book of Hebrews holds that Jesus is the eternal priest. His once-made sacrifice fulfilled the need for atonement of sins and he currently rules within the Church. In this view, Jesus has ever been, is, and will ever be the only totally perfect priest (Hebrews 9–-7). Amillennialists affirm that the messiah has already come and his earthly role has been fulfilled. Therefore the need for earthly priests and sacrifices has ended and there will be no requirement for any future earthly Messiah. This is contrary to millenarianism which expects a pre-millennial return of Christ as Messiah.

N.B.>** Some heterodox Christians believe Jesus came to Earth at various times before the New Testament, including once as Melchizedek himself. Others still maintain that Melchizedek is actually Saint Michael: Michael is designated in the Book of Enoch as "the prince of Israel." He is the angel of forbearance and mercy (Enoch, xl:3) who taught Enoch the mysteries of clemency and justice (lxxi:2). In the book of Jubilees (i:27 and ii:1), the angel who is said to have instructed Moses on Mount Sinai and to have delivered to him the tables of the Law is most probably Michael. Still others believe that Michael is Jesus.

The historical Melchizedek

Meeting of Abraham and Melchizedek — by Dieric Bouts the Elder, 1464–67

Melchizedek is a figure in the Hebrew Bible. There is no other evidence other than the Bible record that indicates that Melchizedek was a historical figure. Some liberal scholars have taken this and argued that grammar and stylistic considerations indicate that the account of Melchizedek is actually a non-Jewish tradition which was inserted later due to its mentioning of Abraham.

Representative of the priestly line
In some translations, Psalms names Melchizedek as representative of the priestly line through which a future king of Israel's Davidic line was ordained. Alternatively, it may be more accurate that this term was here intended to be treated as an agglutinated improper noun, and thus translated as rightful king rather than left as Melchizedek; this interpretation is taken by some modern translations, such as the New JPS Tanakh.

The Melchizedek priesthood and Christianity
Christians believe that Jesus is the Messiah spoken of as "a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek" (Ps. 110:4), and so Jesus plays the role of High Priest once and for all. Jesus is considered a priest in the order of Melchizedek because, like Melchizedek, Jesus was not a Levite, and thus would not qualify for the Levitical priesthood (Heb. 7:13-17).

The author of the Epistle to the Hebrews in the New Testament discussed this subject considerably, listing the following reasons for why the priesthood of Melchizedek is superior to the Aaronic priesthood:

Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek; later, the Levites would receive tithes from their countrymen. Since Aaron was in Abraham's loins then, it was as if the Aaronic priesthood were paying tithes to Melchizedek. (Heb. 7:4-10)
The one who blesses is always greater than the one being blessed. Thus, Melchizedek was greater than Abraham. As Levi was yet in the loins of Abraham, it follows that Melchizedek is greater than Levi. (Heb. 7:7-10)

If the priesthood of Aaron were effective, God would not have called a new priest in a different order in Psalm 110. (Heb. 7:11)
The basis of the Aaronic priesthood was ancestry; the basis of the priesthood of Melchizedek is everlasting life. That is, there is no interruption due to a priest's death. (Heb. 7:8,15-16,23-25)

Christ, being sinless, does not need a sacrifice for his own sins. (Heb. 7:26-27)
The priesthood of Melchizedek is more effective because it required a single sacrifice once and for all (Jesus), while the Levitical priesthood made endless sacrifices. (Heb. 7:27)
The Aaronic priests serve (or, rather, served) in an earthly copy and shadow of the heavenly Temple, which Jesus serves in. (Heb. 8:5)

The epistle goes on to say that the covenant of Jesus is superior to the covenant the Levitical priesthood is under. Some Christians hold that Melchizedek was a type of Christ, and some heterodox Christians hold that Melchizedek indeed was Christ. Reasons provided include that Melchizedek's name means "king of righteousness" according to the author of Hebrews, and that being king of Salem makes Melchizedek the "king of peace." Heb. 7:3 states, "Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he (Melchizedek) remains a priest forever." Melchizedek gave Abraham bread and wine, which Christians consider symbols of the body and blood of Jesus Christ, the sacrifice to confirm a covenant.

[시 110:3-시 110:4]

(3)주의 권능의 날에 주의 백성이 거룩한 옷을 입고 즐거이 헌신하니 새벽 이슬 같은 주의 청년들이 주께 나오는도다  (3)Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

(4)여호와는 맹세하고 변치 아니하시리라 이르시기를 너는 멜기세덱의 반차를 좇아 영원한 제사장이라 하셨도다  (4)The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.                           Psalm 110:3-4

JESUS Christ -The Light, The Life, The Truth, and The Way ...be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. NKJV
Eph 6:10

...though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God... NKJV
2 Cor 10:3-5

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore...be steadfast... NKJV
1 Cor 15:57-58

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. NKJV
Gal 2:20

You are of God...and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. NKJV
1 John 4:4

"My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work." NKJV
John 4:34

"Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, I also send you." NKJV
John 20:21

"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." NKJV
John 9:5

“...I am the way, the truth, and the life...” KJV
John 14:6

Imitate me, just as I also imitate Christ. NKJV
1 Cor 11:1

...put on the Lord Jesus Christ... NKJV
Rom 13:14

[롬 13:13-롬 13:14]

(13)낮에와 같이 단정히 행하고 방탕과 술 취하지 말며 음란과 호색하지 말며 쟁투와 시기하지 말고   (14)오직 주 예수 그리스도로 옷입고 정욕을 위하여 육신의 일을 도모하지 말라

(13)Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. (14)But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.        

Rom 13:14

Forwards - PIC -from Pastor Kang, Thanks.

마음을 열고 끝없이 자신을 낮추십시요

^*^♬ 마음을 열고 끝없이 자신을 낮추십시요 ♬^*^

마음이 열려있는 사람 곁에는
사람들이 언제나 머무르기를 좋아합니다.
지나치게 주관이 강하고 마음이 굳어있고
닫혀 있는 사람 곁에는 사람이 떠나가는 것입니다

다른 사람들의 이야기에 귀를 귀울이고
열린 마음으로 모든 사람을 대한다면
그 사람 가까이 있고 싶어 할 것입니다

다른 이의 말을 잘 들어주고
마음을 받아 주는 것은
그 사람이 낮아지고 겸손한 사람일 것입니다