School of Jesus Disciples REV 2:7

2010.07.01 09:01

섬김이 Views:11481

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School of Jesus Disciples     REV 2:7

743 S. Grandview St. L.A. CA. 90057            Tel. (213)928-2932  Pastor P.K.

Every Sunday 3:30 pm            JD-class      Email: peterkim123@sbcglobal.net Seeking to make disciples who make disciples.

“그러나 너는 모든 일에 근신하여 고난을 받으며 전도인의 일을 하며 네 직무를 다하라”    But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.                                       II Tim 4:5

Devotional to JDs,

The Pattern of St. Paul to follow

본받을 사도 바울의 모형

The Apostle Paul is our Pattern for everlasting Truth

[고전 11:1-고전 11:1]   I Cor 11:1

(1)내가 그리스도를 본받는 자 된 것같이 너희는 나를 본받는 자 되라

(1)Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.   -KJV

(1)Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.       -NASB

(1) SED imitadores de m@, as@ como yo de Cristo.   -  Espaniol

mimhtaiv mou givnesqe kaqw;" kajgw; Cristou'   -Greek

1Cor 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

그리스도 - 바울  모형의  첫 걸음

Dying to Self –자아의 죽음
The Power of Christian Living
Brief study on Romans 6-8

The truths gleaned from Romans 6-8 are critical for establishing a strong Christian life. Why is this? What truths are powerfully presented here in Romans?

The Pattern –모형
Paul applies the pattern of Christ's life to our Christian lives. Paul enables us to get a grasp of this through the picture of baptism - the down and up. Baptism doesn't mean to sprinkle but to immerse. A Christian does not merely acknowledge that Jesus is the Christ, he also follows Christ. He acknowledges both the value of what Christ has done on the cross and the importance on how Jesus redeemed us.

We often focus on what Christ has accomplished through His death. Paul speaks clearly of this in chapters 3 and 4 of Romans. Chapter 5, however, develops the basis of our union with Christ. We are united with Christ by our faith. Starting in chapter 6, we see how this identification with Christ affects our life.

옛사람 자아의 죽음 없는–장례식 –없는 삶은 새 생명의 능력 없는 죽은 삶
The picture of baptism includes three aspects: the going down, being under and the rising. We might think of rinsing a cloth. We take it from the air, submerge it under water and then bring it out to be used. Humility speaks of the first two steps. Many would like to avoid the implications of these first two important steps. They want to claim to have eternal life with no sense of repentance - no dying. They have not died to themselves. There has been no funeral. This concept is key to living a fulfilled Christian life.

The Problem
Paul seems to have discovered a group of people that claim Christ's death but deny any real identification with Christ in the death process. Christ merely paid for their sins as some historical fact (which it was of course). They want to forget about their close identification with Christ in this process.

HUMILITY
새생명과 - 죄에 대하여 죽음 – 끊냈음 선포

If we consider Christ's death to be all so important (and it is), then we need to realize its effect on our lives. When Jesus died, He not only bore our sins, but He also was, in a final way, saying "no" to sin. After death, sin had no part of His life. He had no earthly flesh that begged to be given special preference.(1) So we, as His disciples, must identify with Christ's death and resurrection. We must say "no" to our former allegiance to sin through our faith and "yes" to our allegiance to Christ. We now have a new focus on life. Because of this new allegiance, we are not to sin but to live for God. -

For the death that He died, He died to sin, once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body that you should obey its lusts, (Romans 6:10-12).

Pride: Hate it! – 가장 미워해야 할 적 – 자기 자만
We will never be able to die to ourselves unless we are convinced that serving the flesh (our old nature) is totally unprofitable. We have to see that it has absolutely no worth. We need to come to detest its very presence. On the other hand, we must come to love the Spirit's ways. We are to see the glorious work of the Spirit in contrast to the flesh. By seeing their contrasting ways, we hate one and love the other. We refuse to serve our own self's preferences and become wholly loyal to the Holy Spirit's work in our lives.

Pride – 자기 교만

We cannot rid ourselves of the flesh on this earth. This is what Jesus referred to in 6:10 when he says, "Consider yourselves to be dead to sin." It is still there. If we are not careful, we will serve it. But we don't have to. By voiding our allegiance to our flesh, we can, by Christ's grace, be set free to serve Christ. How do we void our former allegiance to our flesh? Paul says death is the only means and explains it carefully in Romans 7:1-6.

The point is that unless we are absolutely convinced the flesh is a destroyer, we will continue to listen and follow it. We will, in essence, continue to serve it. As Christians we are technically free from its ruling over us, but we still could serve the old self. The follow up question is whether we really hate the flesh. Are we really convinced? Paul convincingly set forth this case in the last part of chapter 7 and the early part of 8.

Whenever he would go by the old nature, he would serve his own self and bear evil results. But he wanted to serve Christ (Romans 7) which bring forth the fruit of the Spirit. (Galatians 5). The flesh always brings about death because it is hostile to God (Romans 8). We ought not live for our bodies. We do not need to live for ourselves.

We need to humble ourselves by stating that serving ourselves is not good. In a sense this is what 'dying to self' essentially means. We recognize serving self is no good and so we choose to serve the Spirit. These chapters provide a lot of help in convincing us of the horrible nature of the flesh and the glory of the Spirit.

Commitment to saying "no" to the old nature comes only as much as:
    1) we are sure of the old nature's total rebellion against God and
    2) we desire to serve the Spirit.
Our growth comes as we recognize the complete rebellious nature of the flesh and power of the new life through the life of Christ.

내가 매일 죽노라 –사도 바울 - Pattern
Dying to self means simply a mental check on our determination not to live for oneself and to live for Christ. Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:31 say, "I die daily." This is a regular battle. A daily battle. Paul, as a veteran apostle, witnessing many miracles, seeing a revelation of Christ, still had to personally die to himself. We do too. We cannot afford not to. –  내가 매일 죽노라 –사도 바울

Here is a possible prayer for your early morning meditation.
"Dear Lord, my allegiance to You will be tested today. Right now, I am stating my faithfulness to you. You are the One I love forever. At the same time, I will clearly state that I want nothing to do with serving my self. I have had enough to do with that selfish ego of mine that tries to get all the attention it can. Your principles of love and giving are what I want. Radiate in my life through acts and words of kindness. Forgive me of my sin and cleanse me. I make myself totally empty of self so that You can fill me with your precious Holy Spirit. Lead me forth. I will follow in your humble paths of love."

The Christian needs to acknowledge the flesh, declare its lousy nature, reject its promptings, acknowledge the Lord's presence, the beautiful nature of the Spirit and affirm one's total heart and will to the Spirit's leading.
Christian life is based on humble living. When we are willing to humble ourselves by looking at the facts of what self-service does, then we are willing to walk in that path.
Humble, not Proud: A Biblical series on Humility
Being Humble, not Prideful
The Pattern of Humility
Moses & Humility

The Secret of Humility
Kinds of Humility
Pride replaced with Humility

The Suffering Servant
Jesus, Pioneer of Humility
Humility in Ministry

Suffering and Humility
Humility and Leadership
Steps towards Humility

Humility and Rewards
Dying to Self
Testimonies on Humility

Holy Life

Pure Heart, Not Divided

Righteousness, not Compromise

Grace and Graciousness

Love, Not Lust

Truth, Not Deception
Faith and Faithfulness

Waiting Upon God, Not Man

Goodness and Contentment
Fear God, Fear not Man

By Paul J. Bucknell
Notes
This is the whole point of Romans 6:10. Jesus could now concentrate on the fullness of life itself. Let me put it in a slightly different way. Before Jesus died, He had to carefully control His body to do only that which was right and good. Temptation lurked all about Him. But after He died, He no longer had to give care to His earthly body. His new body no longer brought temptation to sin.

[빌 3:16-빌 3:17]

(16)오직 우리가 어디까지 이르렀든지 그대로 행할 것이라  

(16)however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.

(16) Empero en aquello ~ que hemos llegado, vamos por la misma regla, sintamos una misma cosa.

plh;n eij" o~ ejfqavsamen tw'/ aujtw'/ stoicei'n kanovni, to; ajuto fronei'n

(17)형제들아 너희는 함께 나를 본받으라 또 우리로 본을 삼은 것같이 그대로 행하는 자들을 보이라

(17)Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.             Phil 3:16-17

(17)Hermanos, sed imitadores de m@, y mirad los que as@ anduvieren como nos ten/is por ejemplo.

Summimhtaiv mou givnesqe ajdelfoiv kai; skopei'te tou;" ou{tw" peripatou'nta" kaqw;" e[cete tuvpon hJma'"

"Paul is the pattern for the Body of Christ."

모든 성도의 따를 모형 - 사도 바울

[딤전 1:15-딤전 1:16]

(15)미쁘다 모든 사람이 받을만한 이 말이여 그리스도 예수께서 죄인을 구원하시려고 세상에 임하셨다 하였도다 죄인 중에 내가 괴수니라

(15)It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, among whom I am foremost of all.

(15) Palabra fiel y digna de ser recibida de todos: que Cristo Jes$s vino al mundo para salvar ~ los pecadores, de los cuales yo soy el primero.

(16)그러나 내가 긍휼을 입은 까닭은 예수 그리스도께서 내게 먼저 일절 오래 참으심을 보이사 후에 주를 믿어 영생 얻는 자들에게 본이 되게 하려 하심이니라 (16)And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.           I Tim 1:15-16

(16) Mas por esto fu@ recibido ~ misericordia, para que Jesucristo mostrase en m@ el primero toda su clemencia, para ejemplo de los que hab@an de creer en /l para vida eterna.

(1) SED imitadores de m@, as@ como yo de Cristo.   -  Espaniol

mimhtaiv mou givnesqe kaqw;" kajgw; Cristou'   -Greek

God said, The apostle Paul is My chosen vessel for the Gentiles,kings and the children of Israel".We must follow the apostle Paul as he followed Jesus!
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto Ananias, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

"Paul is the pattern for the Body of Christ."
1Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
1Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
2Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Did you know that according to the Scripture Paul is the Chief of Sinners and for that cause he obtained mercy? If Pauls Gospel be hid it is hid to them that are lost.
Now what does chief of sinners really mean? I'm sure you know that the chief of a tribe is the leader of that tribe. Therefore chief of sinners means that Paul is the leader and the pattern for sinners saved by God's grace, not that he was the worst of sinner who ever lived, it means that Paul is the leader of sinners saves by grace.

You probably never looked at it like that before did you? Saying that Paul is the leader of sinners does not make for a strong shouting finger pointing sermon, where an emotional uninformed preacher can say that Paul was the worst sinner who ever lived and if God could save him He can save anyone.

Paul was saved on the road to Damascus and commissioned as the apostle of the Gentiles by the Lord Jesus Christ.

Acts 9:11-16
v11. And the Lord said unto him(Ananias), Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul, of Tarsus: for, behold, he prayeth,

v12. And hath seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.

v13. Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:
v14. And here he hath authority from the chief priests to bind all that call on thy name.

v15. But the Lord said unto (Ananias), Go thy way: for (Saul) is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
v16. For I will show him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake.
I did replaced some of the pronouns, such as (him and he) with their proper names to clarify verse 15; you may want to read Acts chapter nine for yourself.  Saul was later called the apostle Paul.
The apostle Paul was entrusted by the Lord Jesus Christ with the gospel of the grace of God and with a new dispensation. Therefore for this new dispensation, it is very clear that the only gospel by which we can be saved is the gospel which Paul preached from the risen and glorified Lord Jesus Christ. Paul delivered it to the whole world. It is the gospel of Jesus Christ that had been hid in the mind of God before the world began.
Romans 16:25  Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
But God from heaven revealed the secret to only one apostle, the apostle Paul. This secret for the most part was that God would make of the Jew and the Gentile one new man in Christ Jesus. As we are told in Ephesians 2:15. The secret gospel is the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery. That Christ revealed it to the apostle Paul therefore Paul calls it my gospel.
Ephesians 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

We know that the Lord Jesus Christ did all that was necessary for our salvation in his finished work on the cross. His death, burial, resurrection and assention, back to the Fathers right hand to make intersession for us, was all that was needed, for us to appropriate eternal life. We must believe the gospel found in 1Corinthians 15:1-4 and our salvation is complete, the gospel of Jesus Christ is to us, it is for us and it is about us. And this gospel as laid out in: 1Corinthians 15:1-4. This is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, It is also called the Gospel of the Grace of God. Paul alone received this gospel therefore he calls it, my gospel.

"Here is Paul’s gospel of the Grace of God."
1Corinthians 15:1-4
v1. Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
v2. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
v3. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
v4. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Romans16:25 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Some folks are still asking who in the world does the apostle Paul think he is any way? And truly that is a very good question. Well, for one thing Paul is God's chosen messenger, to bring the gospel to the Gentiles. Romans 11:13 Paul tells us he is the apostle of the Gentiles. Paul is to the apostle of the Gentiles and Ephesians 3:8-9 is his purpose.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Did you see the last part of verse 8, the unsearchable riches of Christ? Did you know that means, you may search all the other Scriptures and you will not find the gospel that the apostle Paul preaches and writes about in his epistles. Therefore the world today can only find salvation in Paul's epistles. I say this because all the other Scriptures are to and for the Jews, but they are for our learning.
God said, the apostle Paul is the pattern for all that would here after believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for everlasting life. Paul is the one that God said, follow Paul as Paul followed the Lord Jesus Christ. God tells us that Paul is our apostle and he is the Chief of Sinners, he is the Master Builder of this new church called the body of Christ.  Paul laid the foundation and that foundation is the Lord Jesus Christ, therefore we must build on no other foundation.

1Corinthians 3:10-13
v10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon
v11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
v12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
v13 Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

I can not express it strong enough and often enough, God gave us the apostle Paul as a pattern for everlasting life. It is imperative that we understand 1-Timothy 1:15 and 16. Take your Strong's reference manual and look up the word chief as used by Paul in v15 and in other places as well. Does it mean that he was the worst sinner who ever lived or does it mean that he is the leader of sinners saved by grace?
1Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
1Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

The Lord Jesus Christ appointed Paul as the Chief of sinners thereby giving him that title. The Lord also commissioned Paul as the Masterbuilder of this new Church called the body of Christ. Can any one accuse Paul of being the worst builder who ever lived? Now to answer my own question. "Yes!" I believe some folks would do just that.
Further more God chose Paul to be the pattern for all who would hereafter believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for everlasting life. That would be after Paul was appointed as Chief of sinners, master-builder and Apostle of the Gentiles. Paul had a tremendous responsibility to serve as the pattern for our salvation.

죄인중의 괴수 – 사도 바울 의 모형

I am convinced the title comes from being chosen as our pattern and our leader.  We must believe that God chose Paul to lead the Gentiles to the Lord Jesus Christ. Chief of sinners is just one of his many titles.

Paul or rather Saul did not believe that Jesus was the Christ the Son of the living God. But, when he saw the light literally on the road to Damascus, he believed on the Lord Jesus Christ with his whole being and he dedicated his entire life and everything that he owned to the cause of Jesus Christ.
After Paul was saved, he worked harder and suffered more than any of the other apostles. Now don't that just fly in the face of the health and wealth gospel preached today. The Lord Jesus Christ saved Paul and revealed to him the gospel or the mystery that was hid in God before the world began. Paul is the only apostle that Christ appointed as the apostle of the Gentiles. Paul completed the word of God, not the apostle John. My friend this is an exulted position. Not the bottom rung of the ladder as some would have you believe.

Let’s see Strong's and look up the word chief as used by the apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 1:15 then compare the same Greek word used in other passages in your Bible. Would you believe it? There was not one passage in the Bible that referred to the chief as being the worst or the most wicked person.

Chief always refers to the leader, or to the headman the foremost man is the same as the headman or the chief. Believe it, Paul is our pattern, because God said, he was the pattern for all that would hereafter believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for everlasting life. Then, it would stand to reason that we should pay much more attention to the things written by the apostle Paul which is for our doctrine.

1-Timothy 1:16 tells the how and why Paul is our pattern. Now, we must follow our pattern as he followed the Lord Jesus Christ. The Scriptures are very clear in that respect. We must not twist Gods word to our harm, we must believe what God says, and that is calls faith.

Who Is The Apostle Paul?
Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office;
Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

[롬 2:15-롬 2:16]

(15)이런 이들은 그 양심이 증거가 되어 그 생각들이 서로 혹은 송사하며 혹은 변명하여 그 마음에 새긴 율법의 행위를 나타내느니라) (16)곧 내 복음에 이른 바와 같이 하나님이 예수 그리스도로 말미암아 사람들의 은밀한 것을 심판하시는 그날이라

(15)in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

(16)In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.                          Rom 2:15-16

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to establish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Believe what God says:
Paul is our apostle and our pattern.
In that day when God will judge the secrets of men by Christ Jesus according to Paul's gospel. We will not be there, because, that is the judgment of the condemned before the Great White Throne.
We are established according to Paul's' gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery; Romans 16:25, therefore; let us follow our pattern Paul, for everlasting life, just as he followed the Lord Jesus Christ. The majority of our study time should be dedicated to the study of Paul's gospel. We do not want to be ever learning but never come to the knowledge of the truth; Paul's gospel is the only gospel for our salvation today.

Don't forget the apostle Paul received his gospel directly from the risen and glorified Lord Jesus Christ. Paul called for anathema on anyone preaching any other so called gospel including the gospel of the kingdom. Remember in Paul's day the Judeaizers preached another gospel to Paul's converts the gospel of the kingdom. But, today anyone not preaching the gospel of the grace of God, that Paul preached is preaching another so called gospel.

Is there a better way to say, preach no other gospel than that which Paul preached? If there is a better way I can not find it. How did Christendom get so far off track? Also why do so many believers get so hot under the collar when we say, Paul's gospel is the only gospel for today? God said, all of the other Scriptures are for our learning and Paul's Scripture is for our salvation.

By inspiration Paul writes for us all of the pertinent old testament Scriptures that we need. More than one friend has pointed out that God is still the same God and His attributes never change. I whole heartedly agree, but, to His apostle Paul He gave a different message for all mankind.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

I repeat Paul's name so many times here to emphasize that Paul is God's chosen pattern for the body of Christ; Paul is God's spokesman for this dispensation of the grace of God. We are admonished to attend to the things written by the apostle Paul. Paul always points us to the risen and glorified Lord Jesus Christ.

Paul's position is to magnify the Lord Jesus Christ to us. Don't forget that Paul's gospel comes directly from the risen and glorified Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, Paul's gospel is the very words of our Lord Jesus Christ. My friend Paul's gospel is the only gospel given under heaven by which we must be saved. And never forget that all of the other Scriptures were written for our learning. Only Paul's gospel is given for our salvation.

그리스도인의 모범 - 오직 사도 바울을 본 받음

Hereafter is the starting point in time where God chose the apostle Paul to be our pattern; according to this verse, that was when Paul obtained mercy and became our apostle and our pattern for all that would hereafter believe. That is why the Holy Spirit tells us through the apostle Paul: follow me as I follow Christ.

[고전 4:15-고전 4:16]

(15)그리스도 안에서 일만 스승이 있으되 아비는 많지 아니하니 그리스도 예수 안에서 복음으로써 내가 너희를 낳았음이라 (16)그러므로 내가 너희에게 권하노니 너희는 나를 본받는 자 되라

(15)For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel. (16) I exhort you therefore, be imitators of me.                 I Cor 4:15-16

1Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
1Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
2Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
2Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

"A quote by William R Newell-1868-1956"
"You can judge any man's preaching or teaching by this rule: Is he Pauline? Does his doctrine start and finish according to those statements of Christian doctrine uttered by the Apostle Paul? No matter how wonderful a man may seem in his gifts and apparent consecration if his Gospel is not Pauline, it is not the Gospel; and we might as well get our minds settled at once as to that."-   Amen.
-      from Bob Trescott

(16)그러나 내가 긍휼을 입은 까닭은 예수 그리스도께서 내게 먼저 일절 오래 참으심을 보이사 후에 주를 믿어 영생 얻는 자들에게 본이 되게 하려 하심이니라 (16)And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.           I Tim 1:15-16

[롬 2:15-롬 2:16]

(15)이런 이들은 그 양심이 증거가 되어 그 생각들이 서로 혹은 송사하며 혹은 변명하여 그 마음에 새긴 율법의 행위를 나타내느니라) (16)곧 내 복음에 이른 바와 같이 하나님이 예수 그리스도로 말미암아 사람들의 은밀한 것을 심판하시는 그날이라

(15)in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience bearing witness, and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them,

(16)In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.                          Rom 2:15-16

(17)형제들아 너희는 함께 나를 본받으라 또 우리로 본을 삼은 것같이 그대로 행하는 자들을 보이라

(17)Brethren, join in following my example, and observe those who walk according to the pattern you have in us.             Phil 3:16-17

BLESSÈD ASSURANCE Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain

This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long

2. Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Refrain

3. Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,