School of Jesus Disciples REV 2:7

2010.08.22 20:11

섬김이 Views:16807

School of Jesus Disciples     REV 2:7

743 S. Grandview St. L.A. CA. 90057            Tel. (213)928-2932  Pastor P.K.

Every Sunday 3:30 pm            JD-class      Email: peterkim123@sbcglobal.net Seeking to make disciples who make disciples.

“그러나 너는 모든 일에 근신하여 고난을 받으며 전도인의 일을 하며 네 직무를 다하라”    But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.                                       II Tim 4:5

Devotional to JDs, THE POWER OF THE WORD OF GOD – Part-IIA

하나님 말씀의 권능에 대하여 – IIA

Inductive Bible study can be habit-forming. Putting the principles into practice can cause loss of anxiety, decreased appetite for lying, cheating, stealing, hating and "symptoms" of growing sensations of love, peace, joy, compassion.
                                                - from preceptaustin
Pictures of What the Word of God does
(1)  Sword - Ep 6:17, He 4:12
(2) Critic, Judge - He 4:12
(3) Lamp, light - Isa 5:20, Isa 50:10, 11, Ps 36:9, Ps 119:105, 130, Pr 6:23
(4) Mirror - 2Cor 3:18, Jas 1:22, 23, 24, 25
(5) Rain, Snow, Water - Isa 55:10,11, Jer 17:5, 6, 7, 8, Ep 5:26
(6) Food, Bread - Job 23:12, Jer 15:16, Ezek 2:8, 3:1, 2, 3
(7) Gold and Silver - Ps 19:10, Ps 119:127, Pr 8:10, 11, 8:19
(8) Fire - Jer 23:29, 20:9
(9) Hammer - Jer 23:29, 2Co 10:3,4,5, Acts 20:32
(10) Seed - Mk 4:14, Mk 4:26, 27, 28, Col 1:5, 6,7
(11) Honey, Honeycomb - Ps 19:10, Ps 119:103, Ps 81:16, Pr 24:13, Ezek 3:1, 2, 3
(For detailed discussion of these pictures see -** The Word-Filled Life - Developing the Mind of Christ by Hampton Keathley III)

Leave not off reading the Bible till you find your hearts warmed. Let it not only inform you but inflame you. -- Thomas Watson

ROMANS 12:2 note -

Romans  12:2  And do not be conformed (2PPPM) to this world, but be transformed (2PPPM) by the renewing of  your mind, so that you may prove (PAN) what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect (NASB: Lockman)

Greek: kai me suschematizesthe (2PPPM) to aioni touto, alla metamorphousthe (2PPPM) te anakainosei tou noos eis to dokimazein  (PAN) humas ti to thelema tou Theou, to agathon kai euareston kai teleion

Analyzed Literal: And [you are] to stop conforming yourselves to this age, but [are] to continue being transformed by the renewal of your mind, in order for you to be proving what [is] the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Amplified: Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]. (Amplified Bible - Lockman)

BBE: And let not your behaviour be like that of this world, but be changed and made new in mind, so that by experience you may have knowledge of the good and pleasing and complete purpose of God.
GNB: Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God---what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.

NIV: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.  (NIV - IBS)
NLT: Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is. (NLT - Tyndale House)

Phillips: Stop being poured into the mold by the external and fleeting fashions of this age, but undergo a deep inner change by the qualitative renewing of your mind. (Phillips: Touchstone)
Weymouth: And do not follow the customs of the present age, but be transformed by the entire renewal of your minds, so that you may learn by experience what God's will is--that will which is good and beautiful and perfect.

Wuest: And stop assuming an outward expression that does not come from within you and is not representative of what you are in your inner being but is patterned after this age; but change your outward expression to one that comes from within and is representative of your inner being, by the renewing of your mind, resulting in your putting to the test what is the will of God, the good and well-pleasing and complete will, and having found that it meets specifications, place your approval upon it. (Eerdmans)  

Young's Literal: and be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for your proving what is the will of God -- the good, and acceptable, and perfect.

Inductive Bible study is meant not merely to inform but to transform. (see Romans 12:2-note)

Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts them. - E. Paul Hovey              
The old covenant is revealed in the New, and the New Covenant is veiled in the Old. – Augustine

The new is in the old contained, and the Old is in the New explained. - Graham Scroggie
The family Bible is more often used to adorn coffee tables or press flowers than it is to feed souls and discipline lives. - Charles Colson
The Old Testament altar points to the New Testament cross.
The Bible is meant to be bread for daily use, not cake for special occasions. (Deut 8:3, Mt 4:4)

The Bible is the best "TV guide". (Ps 101:3) (Spurgeon on Ps 101:3)
When you open your Bible, ask the Author to open your heart. (Ps 119:18, Luke 24:45, Eph 1:17-note; Eph 1:18-note)
If a Christian is careless in Bible reading, he will care less about Christian living.
To understand the Word of God, rely on the Spirit of God.

You can't enjoy the harmony of Scripture if you play just one note of truth. (Acts 20:27)
To hear God speak, read the Bible carefully and study it prayerfully.
Backsliders begin with dusty Bibles and end with filthy garments. Spurgeon
We cannot bear fruit without the water of God's Word. (Luke 8:15)
The highest goal of learning is to know God. (John 17:3)

After captivating an audience at Yale University, the late novelist Ayn Rand was asked by a reporter, “What’s wrong with the modern world?” Without a moment’s hesitation she replied, “Never before has the world been so desperately asking for answers to crucial questions, and never before has the world been so frantically committed to the idea that no answers are possible. To paraphrase the Bible, the modern attitude is, ‘Father, forgive us, for we know not what we are doing—and please don’t tell us.’” That’s very perceptive for an acknowledged agnostic. Many of us want a word from God, but we don’t want the Word of God.

We know enough to own a Bible but not enough for the Bible to own us. We pay the Bible lip service, but we fail to give it “life service.” In a world where the only absolute is that there are no absolutes, there is little room left for the authoritative Word of God as revealed in the Bible.

When we look into the mirror of God's Word, we see ourselves more clearly. (James 1:23, 24, 25 - see notes James 1:23; 24; 25)
A text taken out of context becomes a pretext( -excuse-).
Let God's Word fill your mind, rule your heart, and guide your tongue. (see Colossians 3:16-note, Eph 5:18-note; Eph 5:19-note;Eph 5:20-note)
The Bible: The more you read it, the more you love it; the more you love it, the more you read it.

The best protection against Satan's lies is to know God's truth. (see Ephesians 6:14-note)
Like a compass, the Bible always points you in the right direction. (Deut 28:13,14, Joshua 1:7, 8, 9)
Those who only sample the Bible never acquire a taste for it. (Jer 15:16, Job 23:12, Ps 19:10)

While other books inform, and some few reform, this one book transforms. -- A. T. Pierson
Other books were given for our information—the Bible was given for our transformation.
If you're too busy to read the Bible, you're too busy.

As A W Tozer put it...
Whatever keeps me from my Bible is my enemy, however harmless it may appear to me.

God feeds the birds, but He doesn't throw the food into their nests.
We lose the joy of living in the present when we worry about the future. And we lose the joy of living for the future when we focus on the present.
Opening your Bible can be a real eye-opener.

A well-read Bible is a sign of a well-fed soul.
The Bible breaks hard hearts and heals broken hearts.
A Bible that's falling apart usually belongs to someone who isn't.
Sin will keep you from the Bible or the Bible will keep you from sin.

It's better to live one verse of the Bible than to recite an entire chapter.
The Bible: read it through, work it out, pass it on!
The jewel of the Word should not hang in our ears, but be locked up in a believing heart. -- William Jenkyn
The Word is both a glass to show us the spots of our soul and a laver to wash them away. -- Puritan Thomas Watson

One proof of the inspiration of the Bible is that it has withstood so much poor preaching. - A. T. Robertson
It is impossible to practice godliness without a constant, consistent and balanced intake of the Word of God in our lives. -- Jerry Bridges
The Bible is none other than the voice of him that sitteth upon the throne. Every book of it, every chapter of it, every syllable of it, every letter of it, is the direct utterance of the Most High. -- John William Burgon

Apply yourself to the Scriptures and the Scriptures to yourself.
The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has hands, it lays hold on me. - Martin Luther
Reading the Bible without meditating on it is like eating without chewing. (Ps 119:15, 23, 27, 48, 78, 97, 99, 148)

God speaks through His Word--take time to listen.
The value of the Bible is not knowing it, but obeying it.
When you have read the Bible, you will know it is the Word of God, because you will have found it the key to your own heart, your own happiness and your own duty. -- Woodrow Wilson

It is not the Word hidden in the head but in the heart that keeps us from sin. - Vance Havner
A Bible in hand is worth two on the shelf.
A Red Letter Bible is fine, but one that is Read is far better!

When the Bible becomes a part of you, you'll be less likely to come apart.
The Bible is simple enough for a child to read and too deep for a scholar to master.
A Bible that has frayed edges usually has an owner that doesn't.
The best thing to do with the Bible is to know it in the head, stow it in the heart, sow it in the world, and show it in the life.

Devout meditation on the Word is more important to soul-health even than prayer. It is more needful for you to hear God's words than that God should hear yours, though the one will always lead to the other. -- F. B. Meyer

The Christian is bred by the Word and he must be fed by it. --William Gurnall
The best way for Christians to grow is to eat the Bread of Life.
The Word of God is the candle without which faith cannot see to do its work.
The true Christian church is the work of the Word communicated by every available means. -- Martin Luther

The Bible is like a compass—it always points the believer in the right direction.
The Bible is like the ocean. You can wade in it, feed from it, live on it--or drown in it. But those who take the time to learn its truths and practice them will be changed forever.
With God's Word as your map and His Spirit as your compass, you're sure to stay on course.

When you study the Bible "hit or miss," you MISS more than you HIT.
When the Word of God dwells in you, the love of Christ shines through you.
Beware! Error often rides to its deadly work on the back of truth! --Spurgeon (2Cor 11:13, 14, 15)
Spiritual growth requires the meat of God's Word. (see Hebrews 5:14-note, 1 Peter 2:2-note)

Be diligent in your study of the Word of God. Then, instead of falling into error, you will stand firmly on the truth.
Study the Bible to be wise; believe it to be safe; practise it to be holy.

The Word of the Lord is a light to guide you, a counsellor to counsel you, a comforter to comfort you, a staff to support you, a sword to defend you, and a physician to cure you. The Word is a mine to enrich you, a robe to clothe you, and a crown to crown you. - Thomas Brooks

Your life will run smoother if you go by "The Book."
If we want our life to run well, even through stormy situations and rough circumstances, we must take the time to study the "Owner's Manual."
Many people store the Bible on the shelf instead of in their heart.
Some people make the Bible say what they want to hear

To be a healthy Christian, don't treat the Bible as snack food.
A well-read Bible is the companion of a well-fed believer.
I never saw a useful Christian who was not a student of the Bible. - D. L. Moody
We must approach God's Word as if our lives depended on it--because they do.
If your life depended on knowing the Bible, how long would you last?

We must align ourselves with the Bible, never the Bible with ourselves.
The branches of growing trees not only reach higher, but their roots grow deeper. It's impossible for a strong tree to have high branches without having deep roots. It would become top-heavy and topple over in the wind." The same is true with Christians. It's impossible for us to grow in the Lord without entwining our roots around His Word and deepening our life in His commands." - Joni Eraeckson Tada

The roots of stability come from being grounded in God's Word.
Bible study demands pondering deeply on a short passage, like a cow chewing her cud. It is better to read a little and ponder a lot than to read a lot and ponder a little.
Unless God's Word illumine the way, the whole life of men is wrapped in darkness and mist, so that they cannot but miserably stray. -- John Calvin

Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet-anchor of our liberties; write its precepts on your hearts and practise them in your lives. To the influence of this book we are indebted for the progress made in true civilization, and to this we must look for our guide in the future. Ulysses S. Grant
There’s no better book with which to defend the Bible than the Bible itself. - D. L. Moody

The study of God’s Word brings peace to the heart. In it, we find a light for every darkness, life in death, the promise of our Lord’s return, and the assurance of everlasting glory. - D. L. Moody

The Bible is like a telescope. If a man looks through his telescope, then he sees worlds beyond: but if he looks at his telescope, then he does not see anything but that. The Bible is a thing to be looked through, to see that which is beyond; but most people only look at it; and so they see only the dead letter.” Phillips Brooks

The Bible was not written to satisfy your curiosity, but to make you conform to Christ’s image. Not to make you a smarter sinner, but to make you like the Savior. Not to fill your head with a collection of biblical facts, but to transform your life.” --Howard Hendricks in Living by the Book

It has been said that the Bible is so deep that theologians cannot touch the bottom, yet so shallow that babes cannot drown.
J. I. Packer once said that...
If I were the devil, one of my first aims would be to stop folk from digging into the Bible.

**** In the midst of that period of intellectual history called The Enlightenment, a philosophy known as deism was sweeping Europe. In the midst of this development, the famous skeptic, Voltaire, proclaimed that within 25 years, the Bible would be forgotten and Christianity would be a thing of the past. However, 40 years after Voltaire’s death in 1778, the Bible and other Christian literature were being printed in what had once been Voltaire’s own house!

My rule for Christian living is this: anything that dims my vision of Christ, or takes away my taste for Bible study, or cramps my prayer life, or makes Christian work difficult is wrong for me, and I must, as a Christian, turn away from it. - Dr. Wilbur Chapman
The Bible is God’s chart for you to steer by, to keep you from the bottom of the sea, and to show you where the harbor is, and how to reach it without running on rocks or bars. - Henry Ward Beecher

Sow a thought, and you reap an act;
Sow an act, and you reap a habit;
Sow a habit, and you reap a character;
Sow a character, and you reap a destiny. - Samuel Smiles

Leave not off reading the Bible till you find your hearts warmed...Let it not only inform you, but inflame you. - Thomas Watson
Never let good books take the place of the Bible. Drink from the Well, not from the streams that flow from the Well .  --  Amy Carmichael

Gipsy Smith told of a man who said he had received no inspiration from the Bible although he had “gone through it several times.”

“Let it go through you once,” replied Smith, “then you will tell a different story!”
C H Spurgeon in his sermon on Hosea 2:23 exults in the authority and efficacy of God's holy Word...

To my mind, it is very instructive to notice how Paul quotes from the Prophets. The revelation of the mind of God in the Old Testament helps us to understand the gospel revealed in the New Testament. There is no authority that is so powerful over the minds of Christian men as that of the Word of God. Has God made known any truth in his Word?

Then, it is invested with divine authority. Paul, being himself inspired by the Holy Spirit, and therefore able to write fresh revelations of the mind of God, here brings the authority of God’s Word in the olden times to back up and support what he says: “As he saith also in Osee (Hosea).”

[호 2:23-호 2:23]

(23)내가 나를 위하여 저를 이 땅에 심고 긍휼히 여김을 받지 못하였던 자를 긍휼히 여기며 내 백성 아니었던 자에게 향하여 이르기를 너는 내 백성이라 하리니 저희는 이르기를 주는 내 하나님이시라 하리라  

(23)And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.      Hosea 2:23

Beloved friend, if you are seeking salvation, or if you want comfort, never rest satisfied with the mere word of man. Be not content unless you got the truth from the mouth of God. Say in your spirit, “I will not be comforted, unless God himself shall comfort me. I want chapter and verse for that which I receive as gospel.”

Our Lord’s reply to Satan was, “It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Give me, then, but a word out of God’s mouth, and I can live upon it; but all the words out of man’s mouth, apart from divine inspiration, must be as unsatisfying food as if men tried to live on stones.

Notice, again, how Paul teaches that the very essence of the authority of the Scriptures lies in this, that God speaks through his revealed Word:

“As HE saith also in Osee (Hosea).”

It is God speaking in the Bible whom we ought to hear. The mere letter of the Word alone will hill; but when we hear God’s voice speaking in it, then it has power which it could not possess otherwise.

It is a blessed thing to put your ear down to the promises of Scripture, till you hear God speaking through them to your soul. It is truly profitable to read a gospel commandment, and to listen to its voice until God himself speaks it with power to your heart. I pray you, do not regard anything that is preached here unless it agrees with what is written there in the Bible. If it is only my word, throw it away; but if it is God’s truth that I declare to you, if God Himself speaks it through my lips, you will disregard it at your peril.

I will make only one other observation by way of introduction. Is it not wonderful how God’s Word is preserved century after century? There were seven or eight hundred years between Hosea and Paul; and it is remarkable that the promise to the Gentiles should lie asleep all that time, and yet should be just as full of life and power when Paul was quoting it after all those centuries.

God’s Word is like the wheat in the hand of the mummy, of which you have often heard. It had lain there for thousands of years; but men took it out of the hand, and sowed it, and there sprang up the bearded wheat which has now become so common in our land. So you take a divine promise, spoken hundreds or thousands of years ago, and lo, it is fulfilled to you! It becomes as true to you as if God had spoken it for the first time this very day, and you were the person to whom it was addressed.

O blessed Word of God, how we ought to prize thee! We cannot tell yet all that lies hidden between these covers; but there is a treasury of grace concealed here, which we ought to seek until we find it.

The TALKING BOOK

20 aMy son, observe the commandment of your father

And do not forsake the 1teaching of your mother;

21 aBind them continually on your heart;

Tie them around your neck.

22 When you walk about, they will guide you;

When you sleep, they will watch over you;

And when you awake, 1they will talk to you.

23 For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching is light;

And reproofs for discipline are the way of life

24 To keep you from the evil woman,

From the smooth tongue of the adulteress

Prov 6:20-24

Spurgeon commenting on Proverbs 6:22:

THE WORD IS LIVING. How else could it be said: "It shall talk with thee"? A dead book cannot talk, nor can a dumb book speak. It is clearly a living book, then, and a speaking book: "The word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever." How many of us have found this to be most certainly true! A large proportion of human books are long ago dead, and even shrivelled like Egyptian mummies; the mere course of years has rendered them worthless, their teaching is disproved, and they have no life for us.

Entomb them in your public libraries if you will, but, henceforth, they will stir no man's pulse and warm no man's heart. But this thrice blessed book of God, though it has been extant among us these many hundreds of years, is immortal in its life, unwithering in its strength: the dew of its youth is still upon it; its speech still drops as the rain fresh from heaven; its truths are overflowing founts of ever fresh consolation. Never book spake like this book; its voice, like the voice of God, is powerful and full of majesty.

THE WORD OF GOD
IS LIVING

...Whence comes it that the word of God is living? Is it not, first, because it is pure truth? Error is death, truth is life.... ...The word of God is living, because it is the utterance of an immutable, self-existing God. God doth not speak to-day what He meant not yesterday, neither will He to-morrow blot out what He records to-day. When I read a promise spoken three thousand years ago, it is as fresh as though it fell from the eternal lips to-day.

There are, indeed, no dates to the Divine promises; they are not of private interpretation, nor to be monopolized by any generation. I say again, as fresh to-day the eternal word drops from the Almighty's lips as when He uttered it to Moses, or to Elias, or spake it by the tongue of Esaias (Isaiah) or Jeremiah.

The word is always sure, steadfast, and full of power. It is never out of date. Scripture bubbles up evermore with good matters, it is an eternal Geyser, a spiritual Niagara of grace, for ever falling, flashing, and flowing on; it is never stagnant, never brackish or defiled, but always clear, crystal, fresh, and refreshing; so, therefore, ever living...

...The word lives, again, because it enshrines the living heart of Christ. The heart of Christ is the most living of all existences... ...Over and above all this, the Holy Spirit has a peculiar connection with the word of God’

THE    LIVING AND ACTIVE WORD OF GOD
Heb 4:12-note, Heb 4:13-note, 2Pe 1:3

SCRIPTURE
GOD'S PROMISE
and/or BENEFIT
OUR
RESPONSIBILITY

2Ti 3:16,17
Paul's last words charging Timothy to Guard the Treasure of God's Word & Entrust it to faithful men who can teach others)

Adequacy
All Scripture is profitable for:

Teaching (show us what's right)

Reproof  (shows us what's wrong)

Correction (shows us how to get right)

Training in Righteousness (shows and leads us to live right = according to God's standard, not men's standard of what's right)

Adequate, equipped for every good work
Believe It

(Do you believe that all Scripture has been inspired or breathed by God - from Genesis to Revelation?)
(Do you believe that all Scripture is truly profitable for your life? Even the Old Testament?)
1 Peter 2:1,2
Click note1; note 2

(Context = 1Pe1:23, 24, 25 Peter readers have been "born again" by the "living and abiding word")

Spiritual
Growth
Putting aside all...

Malice
Guile
Hypocrisy
Envy
Slander

Approach the Word like a...

newborn baby

Long for (desire, delight) pure milk of God's Word (a command not a suggestion)

(No desire? Are you a "newborn baby"? Are you born again? Have you "put aside"? Perhaps you need to confess your sin to God and repent) and believer upon the Lord Jesus Christ Romans 10:9,10) Growth in salvation
(Not grow to be smarter sinners but to be more like the Savior)

Psalm 1:1-3
Click notes 1:1;  1:2; 1:3

Real "happiness" and
Prosperity
Does not...

Walk in counsel of wicked
Stand in path of sinners
Sit in the seat of scoffers

Delights in the Word
(When something delights us, we become preoccupied with it and we tend to protect and guard it)
Meditates in the Word day and night
(Meditation is to our inner person what digestion is to our body -  “chewing the cud”. Make the Word a part of your life and you grow) Blessed (fully satisfied independent of circumstances)

Is like a tree planted by water
Yields fruit in season

Its leaf does not whither

All he does prospers

(Prosper = expresses idea of a successful venture, as contrasted with failure and the source of such success is God)

Psalm
119:9, 10, 11

Dealing with Sin
Treasure (memorize) the Word

Keep (heed, obey) the Word
Pray the Word (do not let me wander) Keeps our way pure

Equips us so that less likely to sin against God

Joshua 1:8

Moses has died
Lord instructs Joshua

Leadership
Spiritual Warfare
Meditate on the Word day and night

Do not let it depart from your mouth
(it should be a constant component of your conversation - not necessarily quoting Bible verses but speaking according to the principles of the Word)
Be careful to do (obey) it Way prosperous

Success

Ezra 7:9, 10
Click note Ezra 7:10
Leadership

Set your heart to study the Word
Practice the Word
Teach the Word
Good hand of God upon him

Jeremiah 15:16

Feeling downcast
Find the Word
(Do you seek it?)

"Eat" the Word
(Do you just nibble at it?
Is the word just "snack" food?)

Digest, Assimilate and make the Word part of your very being.

Joy
Delight in one's heart

Matthew 4:4

Temptation

Eat the Word
(Implied)

Unless the Word becomes a vital part of our inner being, we can’t receive nourishment and grow in the spiritual life. Live
(Real Spiritual Life)

Job 23:10, 11,12
See notes Job 23:10; 11; 12  
Trials
(Context = Job 1 = blameless, upright, fearing God, turning away from evil" Loss of children and wealth. Responds with worship)

Hold fast to His path, keep His way
Don't turn; depart from His command
Treasure His words more than food! Come forth from trials
As "pure gold"

The Inspired Word of God
2 Timothy 3:16-17 [딤후 3:16-딤후 3:17]

(16)모든 성경은 하나님의 감동으로 된 것으로 교훈과 책망과 바르게 함과 의로 교육하기에 유익하니  

(16)All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  

(16) Toda Escritura es inspirada divinamente y $til para ense=ar, para redarguir, para corregir, para instituir en justicia,

pa'sa grafh; qeovpneusto" kai; wjfevlimo" pro;" didaskalivan pro;" e[legcon, pro;" ejpanovrqwsin pro;" paideivan th;n ejn dikaiosuvnh/

(17)이는 하나님의 사람으로 온전케 하며 모든 선한 일을 행하기에 온전케 하려 함이니라

(17)That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

(17) Para que el hombre de Dios sea perfecto, enteramente instru@do para toda buena obra.

i{na a[rtio" h\/ oJ tou' qeou' a[nqrwpo" pro;" pa'n e[rgon ajgaqo;n ejxhrtismevno

What is man's responsibility?
To believe that all (every word) of Scripture from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21 is inspired or breathed by God and to order our steps accordingly.

Reproof -
“Men do not reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts them.”

In 2 Timothy 3:17 (note), "adequate" describes the man or woman of God who is able to meet all the demands of the work God has prepared for them beforehand in Christ Jesus that they should walk in them (see Ephesians 2:10-note). They are full ready,  qualified, fully ready, perfectly fit. The following story illustrates what it means to be "adequate, equipped":

The disease often plagues armies, explorers, and crusaders, since these men’s diets normally consisted of biscuits and salted meat that could easily be stored and kept unspoiled on a ship. A Scottish naval surgeon named James Lind discovered Vitamin C after a four year sea voyage which was lead by Admiral George Anson.

During the voyage more than a thousand sailors lost their lives to scurvy, after which Lind began investigating the disease and came to the realization that the disease was most common among people who’s diet had been extremely limited. To test his hypothesis (that the disease was caused by a limited diet), he decided to treat sickened sailors with different foods during a ten-week sea voyage.

He found that a diet with citrus fruit provided the most dramatic cure for the disease. Lind published his findings as Treatise on the Scurvy in 1753, and as a result, in 1795 daily doses of lime juice were prescribed to all the sailors in the British navy and Scurvy quickly vanished.

However, the British were the only people who accepted the idea that Scurvy was the result of a dietary deficiency, and Great Britain was the only place where there was a decline in the cases of Scurvy. In America, during the Civil war, many men on both sides of the war died from this disease due to the lack of a source of Vitamin C in their diet. THEY WERE NOT ADEQUATELY EQUIPPED

Thanks for the Bible
Thanks for Thy Word, O blessèd Redeemer!
Open our eyes its beauty to see;
Grant us Thy grace to study it wisely,
Close every heart to all but Thee.

Refrain
Thanks for the Bible, off’ring so freely
Pardon and peace to all who believe;
Help us, O Lord, its counsel to follow,
Meekly by faith its truth receive.

2. Thanks for Thy Word of precept and promise,
Lamp to our feet and light to our way,
Points us afar where pleasures immortal
Bloom in Thine own bright realm of day.
Refrain

3. Blessed are they who keep its commandments,
They shall abide for ever with Thee;
Close by the clear and beautiful river,
Sharing the fruits of life’s fair tree.

-- by Fanny Crosby

1 Peter 2:1-2  (1Pe 2:1, 2-See notes 1Pe2:1; 2:2)

벧전 2:2

(2)갓난 아이들 같이 순전하고 신령한 젖을 사모하라 이는 이로 말미암아 너희로 구원에 이르도록 자라게 하려 함이라  (2)As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby

(3) 너희가 주의 인자하심을 맛보았으면 그리하라

(3) If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

JD-Class/Pastor P.K.  The Power of the Word of God –(Part-IIA)

El Shaddai, El Shaddai

God the Almighty

El Shaddai, El Shaddai,
El-Elyon na Adonai,
Age to age You're still the same,
By the power of the name.
El Shaddai, El Shaddai,
Erkamka na Adonai,
We will praise and lift You high,
El Shaddai.

2. Through the years You've made it clear,
That the time of Christ was near,
Though the people couldn't see
What Messiah ought to be.
Though Your Word contained the plan,
They just could not understand
Your most awesome work was done
Through the frailty of Your Son.

3. El Shaddai, El Shaddai,
El-Elyon na Adonai,
Age to age You're still the same,
By the power of the name.
El Shaddai, El Shaddai,
Erkamka na Adonai,
I will praise and lift You high,
El Shaddai.

N.B.> **

El Shaddai – God the Almighty,  El Elyon –God the Most High

Erkamka na Adonai –I’ll love you,    Na Adonai! –O Lord!  

행 3:16 - 행 3:16

(16)그 이름을 믿으므로 그 이름이 너희 보고 아는 이 사람을 성하게 하였나니 예수로 말미암아 난 믿음이 너희 모든 사람 앞에서 이같이 완전히 낫게 하였느니라

(16)And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.                              Acts 3:16

둘이둘이 단둘이서–예수님과

Two into Oneness with Christ

둘이둘이 단둘이서  둘이둘이 단둘이서

월화수목금토일이    너무너무 행복해

이세상을 다준다해도 예수님이 안계신다면

무슨의미 무슨꿈으로 살아 갈수 있나요

생각만해도 가슴 떨리는 예수님을 만났어

이리보고 저리봐도 틀림없는 예수님

사랑해 사랑해 - 하늘만큼 땅만큼 -

사랑해 사랑해 - 하늘만큼 땅만큼 -

둘이둘이 단둘이서, 둘이둘이 단둘이서

월화수목금토일이    너무너무 행복해

- arranged by sister Chanel Park P. 2010  

FORWARDS -PIC -from Pastor Kang, Thanks.

[러시아] 상트페테르부르크 여름궁전 분수정원

< 2010. 5. 20 >

여름궁전에서 가장 큰 건축물은 언덕 위에 있는 대궁전과 그 앞의 계단식 폭포, 그리고 그 주변의 조각상들과 64개의 분수이다. 삼손이라 불리는 대분수에서 시작되는 운하는 상트 페테르부르크에서 배들이 도착하는 핀란드만까지 직선으로 연결되어 있다.

이 궁전은 1714년~1725년에 걸쳐 완성되었지만 현재의 바로크풍 장식은 겨울궁전을 건축한 라스트 렐리에 의해 1745년부터 10년간의 공사로 만들어졌다.

대궁전 아래쪽으로 만든 폭포는 64개의 분수가 물을 뿜어대는 7개의 계단을 따라 흘러내리고, 그 주위에는 260개 고대 그리스와 로마 신화에 나오는 황금색 조각상이 있다.

분수공원의 핵심이 되는 연못에는 삼손이 사자의 입을 찢고 있는 모습의 조각상이 황금색으로 만들어져 있는데 사자의 입에서는 20m 높이의 분수가 뿜어져 나오고 있다.

러시아가 스웨덴과의 전쟁에서 승리한 것을 기념하기 위하여 만들었기 때문에 삼손과 사자는 각각 러시아와 스웨덴을 상징하고 있다.

핀란드만 쪽에서 본 분수대와 여름궁전

여름 궁전과 분수대